connectivity issues

It looks like I have to set up a new account file AGAIN.  When I saw that Cap One needed a one time code for me to log in and then when I did, 'unknown accounts' popped up.  Really tired of this. Quicken 2018 and the latest update. When will this finally be fixed? 
Quicken User since the DOS days...

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Hey Lablover57,

Sorry you're experiencing this difficulty.

The issue is the accounts aren't being recognized by the Capital One servers.

Unfortunately we don't have access to there servers and they need to be contacted directly about this issue.

-Quicken Tyka
  • lablover57lablover57 Member
    edited March 2018
    But..this is an issue with other banks as well,not just cap one. I will contact them, but isn't the issue between Quicken and ALL banks etc?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Yes, that is confusing.

In most cases if you are connected using express web connect there's usually something we can do on our end to fix the issue.

Capital One is a little bit different, receiving duplicate transactions when resetting the account and not being able to add the account all together is because something on their server isn't recognizing or remembering the account.

That's why users are seeing duplicate transactions for the last 3 months upon connecting or not being to connect because the account isn't recognized/remembered.

Other banks experiencing this error recently have been having to do with  something being corrupted in the EWC process.

In Capital One's case the accounts are legitimately not being recognized as a supported account and we can't.

https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-adding-or-activating-account-unknown-type

Unfortunately this is happening on their server and we don't have any access to fix this.

-Quicken Tyka
    edited March 2018
    Of course my accounts are supported..75% of the time, I have no issues.  It is when Quicken has an update, I have issues. It'd be a nice feature if WE get the choice to install the updates instead of automatically Quicken just updates. 
    edited March 2018
    I contacted Capital One, the CS rep never heard of this issue(right). So, again the customer is caught in the 'ping pong' effect. Me: I notice issues right after an update, there is code in there corrupting the data. Please look into this. This has been going on since December.
  • edited January 11
    I recently had an issue connecting to CapitalOne 360.  I tried using the USERID and the ACCESS CODE (different from web logon username/password).  That didn't work.  I talked to Quicken tech support a few weeks ago and he helped me with "hard reset" the connection.  You can try follow the steps on this link.

https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-add...

When I did it, I was able to walk through the adding CapitalOne 360 account as if it was the first time.  Also, this time, I was prompted for the web logon username/password and not the USERID and ACCESS CODE.  I was able to link to my existing account in Quicken as well, no loss of historical entries.  I had to remove some duplicate entries, however.  No big deal... better than losing all entries.  =)

You may want to give it a try.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.