2019 won’t display the income categories when I want to plan a new budget.

2019 Deluxe for Windows won’t display the income categories when I want to plan
a new budget.  The category boxes are
checked but still nothing.  When I pull up previous years budgets reports all categories are posted.   I noticed
this has been an issue with many others but I don’t see where any solution has
been posted.  What's the fix for this issue??  I just upgraded from 2015
so it looks like I may be requesting a refund soon.

Comments

• ValderiValderi Member
    edited January 26
    On your budget report, go to "Custumize", than "advance" look at "Transaction types" you must see "all transactions"; if so, look at "Categories" seach for "include all". Normally with those choices, you should see your income categories.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited January 5
    From C. D. Bales:

There is no "issue"; so there is no "fix". Quicken is working as designed.

I suggest you check Quicken Help before you draw conclusions.

In the "Create a New Budget" dialog, there is a question mark in a circle in the lower left corner. Clicking on that question mark, then on "The accounts and categories used" reveals the following:

--------------------------------------

"Quicken creates the budget based on personal expense transactions in all of your accounts except Invoice and *Sales Tax* accounts (Quicken Home & Business only).

Quicken excludes the following categories from a budget when it is first created:

Income categories

Special investment and paycheck categories (usually preceded by an underscore character), such as "_401Contrib"

The Interest Exp, Misc, and Not Sure categories

Categories with the following tax line item assignments: Schedule A: Home mortgage interest, W-2: Federal tax withheld, W-2:Medicare tax withheld, W-2:Medicare tax withheld, W-2:Local tax withheld, W-2:Soc. Sec. tax withheld, and W-2:State tax withheld.

After the budget has been created you can add categories and further customize it, as necessary".

---------------------------------------

True also in Q2018, Q2017, and Q2016 (and possibly earlier).

If you want income categories in the New budget, select them after the new budget is created.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • edited January 4
    I am having the same problem.  I select the income categories I want to see  and they do not display in budget.  I have been using Quicken for 15 years and this just changed.  I even upgraded from 2016 to 2019 hoping it would be fixed.  No luck. Any help is appreciated.  It's not a budget report, but the actual budget, graph view I am talking about.
  • jmeister7jmeister7 Member
    edited January 4
    I did check "help" previously and already tried those methods.  I suggest you not assume I didn't do so before you draw your conclusions, your arrogance isn't appreciated.  I've been using quicken for over 16 years and when I go back to view my old  budgets the income categories do not display on those either. But my old saved reports have them.  Something obviously happened with this upgrade and Quicken is working with me to resolve matters.
    edited January 4
    mshiggins said:

From C. D. Bales:

In the "Create a New Budget" dialog, there is a question mark in a circle in the lower left corner. Clicking on that question mark, then on "The accounts and categories used" reveals the following:

"Quicken creates the budget based on personal expense transactions in all of your accounts except Invoice and *Sales Tax* accounts (Quicken Home & Business only).

Quicken excludes the following categories from a budget when it is first created:

Income categories

Special investment and paycheck categories (usually preceded by an underscore character), such as "_401Contrib"

Categories with the following tax line item assignments: Schedule A: Home mortgage interest, W-2: Federal tax withheld, W-2:Medicare tax withheld, W-2:Medicare tax withheld, W-2:Local tax withheld, W-2:Soc. Sec. tax withheld, and W-2:State tax withheld.

After the budget has been created you can add categories and further customize it, as necessary".

If you want income categories in the New budget, select them after the new budget is created.

I did check "help" previously and already tried those
    methods.  I suggest you not assume I didn't do so before you draw your
    conclusions, your arrogance isn't appreciated.  I've been using quicken
    for over 16 years and when I go back to view my old  budgets the income
    categories do not display on those either. But my old saved reports have them.  Something obviously happened with this upgrade and Quicken is working with me to resolve matters.
    edited January 4
    mshiggins said:

From C. D. Bales:

Income categories

Update, worked with Quicken support for 50 minutes to no avail.  Their business hours were ending so will have to resume tomorrow, I hope.
  • edited January 5
    mshiggins said:

From C. D. Bales:

Income categories

I hope they figure it out. It literally changed in the last week or so.  I was shocked that income is no longer a category in budgets.
  • edited January 11
    Bummer that this is still an issue.  I just spent 45 min on chat with no fix. Created a new test file and that didn't fix.  Frustrated. 
  • edited January 11
    I just was able to fix for myself by creating a new category group (personal income2) and adding all the Income subcategories to it. Now they display when selected.  Hope that works for anyone else experiencing the same problem

edited January 12
    Congrats Jill, I too was able to figure this out with another 30 minutes on my own after no success with chat.