Investment account holding wrong

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
One of my investment account holdings does not match my online account. I have preferences set to show hidden placeholders, but there are none. How can I fix this?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Well, the first thing that you need to do is to tell us:
    • What Q product are you running?
    • What country?
    • What Build/Release?
    • What operating system?
    Because the process to fix your situation is dependent upon those responses.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I am using Quicken Deluxe, 2019 Version R17.6, Build 27.1.17.6
    United States
    Windows 7
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

I am using Quicken Deluxe, 2019 Version R17.6, Build 27.1.17.6
    United States
    Windows 7

OK, so now I know what instructions you can use in your situation, thank you.

Pull out your statements for that investment account ...  and compare that most recent statement to your Q account, security by security.  Do the # of shares match up? Do the respective prices/quotes match up?  Doing this, can you narrow  the discrepancy down  from "the account" to "a specific security (or more than one)?

When you've done that, go back thru your investment statements until you find a point where the statement and the Q account agree on the value of that position.

Then, you'd know that the issue began sometime after that point ... and initially within a month after that "agreement" point.  When you've corrected that issue, continue downward (towards the present) to find and correct any subsequent errors (if any).

Sorry, but there's no magic wand to correct your issue ... just a bit of diligence in watching those accounts and comparing the statements to your Q account regularly.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.