Is anyone else finding that the new version of Quicken 2019 is horribly slow?

Tuba LewTuba Lew Member
edited January 13 in
Is anyone else finding that the new version of Quicken 2019 is horribly slow? I replaced the full version with the version that requires an annual subscription, and every transaction takes forever. I used to match a downloaded transaction or just enter it into my register and it happened instantaneously. With this new version is stutters and lags for every transaction. It is taking twice as long to do anything. Had I known this I would have never "upgraded" to this version.

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    NO, I'm not experiencing that.  SO, I suspect that there's something wrong either with your installation, OR your data file is corrupted.

Let's check the installation 1st.  Try downloading and then installing whichever MONDO patch is appropriate for your country, from here: https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription...

If that doesn't help, write back.  There are several other things to try.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13
    QWin or QMac?

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
    edited November 2018

QWin or QMac?

AHH, good point.  Don't know how I read "Qwin" into the OP's message. 

Perhaps because all of the "slow" messages that I've seen were for QWin (and easily fixable in the poster's Q product).
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

QWin or QMac?

That's only because you have only been reading the Windows posts.  :-)

I have actually seen a few posts that Quicken Mac 2019 was really slow to open for them.
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

QWin or QMac?

Really? Quicken Mac has gotten quite a bit faster (for those with larger files) in the past year. (And Quicken 2019 so far only consists of a minor bug fix release over Quicken 2018. Versus Quicken 2017, 2016 and 2015, Quicken 2018 Mac is *significantly* faster to launch; entering transactions is snappy in the current and older versions.)
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

QWin or QMac?

Maybe it was 2018.  :-)
    edited November 2018

QWin or QMac?

No actually, I don't have a Win-only filter set.  I've just seen more "QWin is slow" messges than I've seen "QMac is slow" messages.

AND, in every QWin instance, it was a corrupted Q data file, corrupted program, etc. that was the actual villain.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

QWin or QMac?

I agree.
  • Marilyn MomenyMarilyn Momeny Member
    edited January 13

QWin or QMac?

Quicken 2019 is so slow I am ready to give up after 20 years of using Quicken products.  I have already installed the MONDO patch.  That didn't help.  Response on EVERYTHING is 15-60 seconds.  Takes about 90 seconds to log in and get started.  I'm using Windows 10.  
  • Marilyn MomenyMarilyn Momeny Member
    edited January 13
    Quicken 2019 is so slow I am ready to give up after 20 years of using Quicken products.  I am having the same problems as Tuba Lew.  I have already installed the MONDO patch.  That didn't help.  Response on EVERYTHING is 15-60 seconds.  Takes about 90 seconds to log in and get started.  I'm using Windows 10.  Any ideas of what can help?  I am game to start a new data file.  How can I do that?  Is there a way to just import data from 2018 and leave everything else out?  
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13

Quicken 2019 is so slow I am ready to give up after 20 years of using Quicken products.  I am having the same problems as Tuba Lew.  I have already installed the MONDO patch.  That didn't help.  Response on EVERYTHING is 15-60 seconds.  Takes about 90 seconds to log in and get started.  I'm using Windows 10.  Any ideas of what can help?  I am game to start a new data file.  How can I do that?  Is there a way to just import data from 2018 and leave everything else out?  

Posted on an older thread, creating a new thread

Please reference the new conversation here: 2019 Win is running slow
    -Quicken Tyka