Budgeting using Tags

I am new to the Quicken world so be kind....  I am the Treasurer for our local swim club and we have two teams.  I know that I can separate/track expenses using tags but I need to also be able to budget in the same manner.  I am working on this years swim budget but cannot seem to find this feature.  Is there a way to budget using Tags? 
Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.  

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hello Andrew. Appreciate your question. 

Unfortunately, the Budget option is only supported for the categories in which they are entered, unfortunately it does not support the tags.

One option that you could do is make a Sub-Category in which can be used in Reports.

For example, if you have two teams but different entries for each one, you could use, for example:

Expenses:Food:Team One (which designates the expenses for Food for Team One)

It would be the same for Team Two, but it would a separate sub-category..

Hope this helps you with your setup of your categories..

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    BTW, tags for budgets used to be supported in QWin but Quicken has removed it because they found it caused too many problems. That said, I have submitted a recommendation on how to handle this and it is the same solution that would be needed to create a much desired Columnar report format using categories and tags.

Only time will tell if they will implement this.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

BTW, tags for budgets used to be supported in QWin but Quicken has removed it because they found it caused too many problems. That said, I have submitted a recommendation on how to handle this and it is the same solution that would be needed to create a much desired Columnar report format using categories and tags.

Only time will tell if they will implement this.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Meanwhile, You can add your VOTE to Support Tags on Budgets.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your vote will count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the 
    List of Requests Related to Budgets. Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. Your VOTES matter!

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.