I have used quicken since 1995, are there any reasons I should start new, not using old data, start

Starting Over Reasons

Comments

• Steve MartinSteve Martin Member
    edited January 12
    Not that I've experienced. I've been using Q since '94 and have had no problems.
  • AndrewAndrew Member ✭✭
    edited January 12
    I've got the same QDF file as I've had since originally starting in 1989 (culled down a few times since), and no problems.  Why do you ask? Is there some other issue you have or are concerned about?
  • bmciancebmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    Not unless you have major problems with your data file.  I have been using the same file since the mid '90s also and have no plans to start over.
  • Norman WulffNorman Wulff Member
    edited January 13
    I also have my data file "forever", but I very much refuse to let Quicken up date my 2016 program.  I have had nothing but problems and fears that their "updates" will mess up my file, so I refuse to permit unknown change to a program that works.
  • Debra JohnsenDebra Johnsen Member
    edited January 14
    I, too, have been using the same data file forever....but now I need to launch Quicken on new PC.  I can't find my log-in or other information needed.  Any suggestions??  Don't really want to buy another program but the laptop it is currently on will be wiped clean by corporation I work for.

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14

I, too, have been using the same data file forever....but now I need to launch Quicken on new PC.  I can't find my log-in or other information needed.  Any suggestions??  Don't really want to buy another program but the laptop it is currently on will be wiped clean by corporation I work for.

What version are you currently running on your company laptop?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited January 14
    Ronald Ely if you haven't had any issues with your current file, then, in my opinion, there is no need to make a change.  There are benefits to keeping the historical data in one file.  I have data going back to 1994 and my data file is working just fine.

There is only one caveat that I can think of.  If you converted from MS Money then maybe starting a new file, from scratch, is not a bad idea.