Home Quicken for Windows File Conversion and Backup (Windows)

Quicken data lost on my computer

My quicken data (I have quicken 2017 on my Windowss 10 laptop) has been lost on my computer before.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong!  There are several quicken logos on my face page and I have hit every one of those quicken logos and it only shows my quicken program as of 2017......help!!!   I've lost all my 2018 entries!

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Have you searched for files like *.qdf*?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Your data files should reside in the Documents folder within a sub-folder named Quicken.  All your documents should be in various folders by application type under "Documents". 

To find your missing Quicken file, open Quicken and select File -> Find Quicken Files...
    This should bring up all Quicken files. Sort by Last modified to find the latest.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1909
  • edited November 2018
    mshiggins said:

Have you searched for files like *.qdf*?

didn't work....had to input the last time I backed up on a device outside my computer which was July.....catching up!  Obviously I must not have backed up on my hard drive since then even though I thought I had!!!
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hard to guess at what the OP is doing that has deleted her Quicken files.... or have multiple Quicken icons or .....  just a handful of .... WHAT ?
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • jacobsohnjacobsohn Member
    edited January 2019
    GeoffG said:

Your data files should reside in the Documents folder within a sub-folder named Quicken.  All your documents should be in various folders by application type under "Documents". 

To find your missing Quicken file, open Quicken and select File -> Find Quicken Files...
    This should bring up all Quicken files. Sort by Last modified to find the latest.

nothing -last file 11 July, 2018 - all files now only show data to 11/10/2016, 24/10/2016, 5/12/2016, and 1.10/2016 - emailed Quicken support twice -no answer at all. - So what to do?  start from Scratch ... deeply disappointed as I have been using Quicken since 1996.
    Now in Singapore using version 2016, 3.8.3 on an iMac - version 10.14.2
  • Ariel SmithAriel Smith Member
    edited January 2019
    GeoffG said:

My Quicken program  was hacked, we got the problem solved, but then my Quicken data then only went from 2005 to 2012, the balance of the history to Dec 23, 2018 was missing. How do I get it back???? 
This discussion has been closed.