Subscription Renewal Price

13»

Comments

• Tom HarrisTom Harris Member
    edited January 14
    Prices vary daily from Quicken...or so it seems.  It's not price fixing.  They just run specials at various times.  Best to wait for the best deals...usually 40% off...although I paid $54 for a 27 month subscription of Quicken Deluxe from Amazon a while back. 
  • ChrisChris Member ✭✭
    edited January 23
    Thanks.  $54 for a 27 month subscription is about the best deal I ever heard of.  Congratulations!
  • beerbill2015beerbill2015 Member
    edited January 23
    I have  the 2015 version, been thinking of upgrading but after all I'm reading about the advertising and subscription fee's, I think I'm staying put. I can still connect to my banks and download my transactions , manually yes but I think ill stay put. 
  • splashersplasher ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14

Prices vary daily from Quicken...or so it seems.  It's not price fixing.  They just run specials at various times.  Best to wait for the best deals...usually 40% off...although I paid $54 for a 27 month subscription of Quicken Deluxe from Amazon a while back. 

The discount prices from Quicken.com are for first time buyers of subscription Quicken (2018+).  They do not apply to (or have not so far) to any one buying an extension.  The discount does apply to users of versions of Quicken 2017 and prior (except CDN, for them, it is 2016 and prior)

Your subscription has to have been expired over 30 days for you to get the discount if you already own subscription Quicken.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• ChrisChris Member ✭✭
    edited January 14

I have  the 2015 version, been thinking of upgrading but after all I'm reading about the advertising and subscription fee's, I think I'm staying put. I can still connect to my banks and download my transactions , manually yes but I think ill stay put. 

I certainly understand that.  Should not have to check prices of Quicken as you would a commodity.  There are some viable alternatives to Quicken out there.  There's none like Quicken though!
    edited January 14

You are living on borrowed time if you are still able to download a Web Connect .QFX file since that capability should have ceased on 4/30/2018 OR are you importing .QIF files (which doesn't expire).

You might want to check what Help->About Quicken says about your version.

• smayer97smayer97 ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14

Sort of... we have been told that even existing subscribers CAN qualify as a NEW subscriber if they let their membership lapse for over 30 days. So, if you are able to handle that, buy these discounts, let your subscription lapse, then apply the activation code. 

Note that activation codes for Quicken 2019 expire after 2 years of release (not purchase date), so read the label on the box. If you can still find one, 2018 activation codes (which are no different than a 2019 one) do not have an expiration date.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
    edited January 14

Oh, just keep in mind that if you do let your subscription lapse, Quicken will now hijack about 25% of your screen real-estate for advertising. Quicken has determined that this is the price to pay if you let your subscription expire!

If you dislike this business decision, you can add your VOTE to 
    Quicken Inc should eliminate or at least minimize the LARGE Advertising space used when a subscription expires

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your vote will count. 

Your VOTES matter!

You may also want to contact Quicken Support to express your concerns at 
    https://www.quicken.com/contact-support

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

• jacobsjacobs ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14

@beerbill2015: Also keep in mind that what you've read on this site about the advertising/marketing space in Quicken only comes into play if you do not renew your subscription; if you update to Quicken 2019 with the intent to maintain a  current subscription going forward, you will never see the large ad/marketing space people are complaining about.

On the other hand, if your intent would be to renew to get a newer version, but not maintain the subscription every year -- meaning you would have to enter all your transactions manually, not importing them -- then you should think twice about upgrading, because you will then be subject to the large ad/marketing space when your initial subscription expires after a year. 
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
    edited January 14

My error in running 2017 and I do download QFX files from my 2 banks , I have credit cards setup in one step update. Vr17.4 and registered to me.Im staying put until I am forced to change
  • Tom HarrisTom Harris Member
    edited January 14

So...basically, the key is to just purchase your subscriptions from an outside vendor when they go on sale and extend as needed.

Obviously, renewing via quicken.com or automatic renewal is a lousy deal and gets you NO discount pricing.  

Why am I not surprised?
    edited January 14

@Tom Harris
    Why am I not surprised?
    You shouldn't be.  If Quicken routinely undersold their retail partners, why would the retail partners want to sell the product?  Be glad that you don't use Canadian Quicken, I believe the only place to get Q is from Q, now that would suck.

• SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited January 14
    Sam's Club is currently selling Quicken at a discount - 

edited January 14

Sam's Club is currently selling Quicken at a discount - 

Thx for sharing. :-)

• Roger MRoger M ✭✭✭✭ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    I got 2019 Premier 14 months for $32 on Amazon.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
    edited January 14

Admittedly the pickin's are slim here. That said, Amazon.ca is still selling a 27 months 2018 Deluxe subscription for $116 (2019 not available, though they are the same) and Costco.ca is selling 12 months of 2019 Deluxe for $50, which is cheaper still.

But if you want H&B, you can only go to Quicken.ca.

Also, to point out that if you are more interested in QMac, you can buy it from a US source since QMac support both US and CA in the same product. The only difference is what the default settings are when you first start it but they can be easily changed.

edited January 14
    Roger M said:

I got 2019 Premier 14 months for $32 on Amazon.

Thx for sharing. :-)

edited January 14

I don't remember doing the upgrade, but I was going the divorce thing, remembering I wanted to start a whole new file after 14 years of data, my new dell having issues with mickysoft upgrades, the time frame is just a blur, and I think she took the box because I don't have it.. so a few years are a bit blurry
  • jacobsjacobs ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14

Tom, it comes down to price versus convenience. Some users might be happy to have the subscription auto-renew and not have to lift a finger, and Quicken.com offers that convenience. Other users might prefer to spend some time shopping around for the best price, buying a retail copy, and entering an authentication code in order to get a lower price.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
    Chris said:
    Just recv my Amazon Quicken Deluxe CD.  Thought I would test the activation process.  It works, however it seems you must be within the last 6 months of your current subscription.  No problem, just checking.
    Thanks for the confirmation that you can't activate too early.

This discussion has been closed.