QIF importing into Quicken Windows 2018 is broken in the R3.2 patch update

2»

Comments

• QPWQPW Member
    edited October 2018
    Note that Quicken Inc changed this from a problem to an Idea.

That means a couple of things.  One instead of selecting ME-TOO there is instead a VOTE button.

And the other thing I think it means is they are basically saying "This isn't a problem, we wanted to do it, and if you want it then it is now a feature request".  (Quicken Inc takes feature requests as NEW POSTs that are marked as an Idea)
  • MarcoMarco Member
    edited October 2018
    Keeping the thread alive! Someone please tell Quicken nobody is upgrading to 2018 (or 2019, and so on!) until these QIF import problems/restrictions are fixed! I thought the whole idea behind this acquisition was to make Quicken better for the people who have been using it all these years. Well this is what the loyal quicken users need to make Quicken work for us. Quicken is never going to be able to support (or make compatibility deals) with all the various online banking and investing firms out there, so let us help ourselves! 

And on top of all that, I wanted to email this to Quicken support to avoid a public post, but I couldn't find an email address. So I went into a support chat, asked for the support/customer service email, and they said they didn't have one.(Rant Redacted)
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited October 2018
    @Marco

Even though I'm all for this getting changed, I would hardly say nobody will upgrade.  Most people don't even use QIF.

On the email contact information:

They dropped email long ago as a contact method because they found it not to be an effective way to communicate.  Most of the problems were of a nature that they needed to ask and answer several questions.  If you look on this site often we (mostly other users BTW) have to play 20 questions with people because they don't provide enough information about their problem or what software versions they are running.
    Beside that they can't do screen sharing.

BTW on the subscription version of Quicken they added: Help -> Report a problem
  • chrisboat1chrisboat1 Member
    edited December 2018
    I completely agree with Marco on the issue of  Quicken foolishly not fixing the problem and preventing many loyal long time Quicken users from ever upgrading Quicken again. Unfortunate for both us and them. 

As far as Quicken support goes they are also very frustrating. They won't respond to this problem and have made it so that you really cannot contact them to discuss the issue in a more private way. If you in any way mention a competitor in your communication they delete it.

In summary they are forcing some long term customers to look for an alternative.

Chris
  • edited October 2018
    I have most my accounts use qfx but still have some cc cards that use qif. I am a paying subscriber it should be quickens job to make my experience the best it can be. Don't see that here unfortunately. They are trying to force the suppliers to go to qfx agree this would be nice but the people paying are the subscribers this is bad business. I am looking for an alternative which isn't what I would like to be doing.
  • Bob RukeyserBob Rukeyser Member
    edited October 2018
    There's strength in numbers.   I walked through this with Quicken support, who tried to treat it as a problem with my version.  Proved that it wasn't and needed a fix.  Then, they said they had no record of any others having this problem.  If you want this fixed, as I do, keep after Quicken support and be sure they record that you have this qif problem in Q18/19.  
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited October 2018

There's strength in numbers.   I walked through this with Quicken support, who tried to treat it as a problem with my version.  Proved that it wasn't and needed a fix.  Then, they said they had no record of any others having this problem.  If you want this fixed, as I do, keep after Quicken support and be sure they record that you have this qif problem in Q18/19.  

People should point them to this thread if they think no one is having this problem.

Edit:
    And point out how many people have voted for it.
  • FleurFleur Member
    edited December 2018
    Adding my voice.

Some of us from the US end up outside the US through no fault of our own.  Converting to a QFX file and importing that isn't feasible because it changes the currency of the account to USD.

I wouldn't have upgraded if I had known.
  • edited January 15
    I'd like to add my voice too - I basically stopped using one credit card that does only QIF export. Initially, I was thinking is a bug that will be fixed, but now I understand that Quicken is doing everything possible to force people to pay yearly subscription, any "workaround" for importing transactions is a threat to this model. It's just sad that they spent time on changes like this one and on top of that they sneak in these changes even without telling anyone... 
  • Add me to the frustrated user that finds this issue to be unacceptable.  By loading transactions directly into the register and not populating memorized transaction information into the downloaded transaction adds significant more time and frustration to this process.  UNACCEPTABLE.  Enough to consider cancelling subscription and going backwards to earlier version!! Fix it or lose me.  Grasskamper
2»