PNC Web Connect

Anybody else having trouble with PNC Web Connect?
I have Reset and also deactivated/reactivated... Nothing.  No data download since Dec. 20.   

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    No problems.
    Which version?
    Which OS?
    Which type of account?

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • thecreatorthecreator ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    Hi @ Joe ,

Do this, cause I know this works, as I just did it.
    1. First try doing One Step Update to show yourself, it doesn't work.
    2. Next log into PNC Bank Website and update your Secret Questions Answers and provide your current Password and Save the Updated Answers.
    3. Now, create a Brand New Quicken Data File and only add PNC Bank - Web Connect to that file.
    4. After you downloaded the information, go back to the original Data File.
    5. Open PNC Bank Register.
    6. At the Top Actions Gear, left-click the Gear, and click Update Now. Enter information requested, saving the Password and provide the Answer to your Secret Question.
    7. It should update just fine.
    8. Now, you can use File Explorer, to delete the New Quicken Data File, as it isn't needed.
    That gets the Normal Quicken Data File back working without Deactivating and setting up now again.
  • JoeJoe Member
    edited January 20
    Wow, thanks for the complete reply... will give that a try.  This is for Quicken Home and Business 2017, Windows, Version R17.4.   I have nine accounts with PNC so hopefully i don't have to do this for each account.    Amazing that such a workaround is required.

edited January 14
    Joe said:

Wow, thanks for the complete reply... will give that a try.  This is for Quicken Home and Business 2017, Windows, Version R17.4.   I have nine accounts with PNC so hopefully i don't have to do this for each account.    Amazing that such a workaround is required.

Hi @ Joe ,

If it works for you, click Like, showing the procedure works.
  • JoeJoe Member
    edited January 15
    Joe said:

I followed the steps suggested and it does not work.   Now it doesn't even give an error.  It just goes through like it is updating and then finishes with no change, no prompt, no "success".  
    edited January 27
    I know there is an outstanding post for Quicken and PNC, but I have not been affected and I have not seen any updates as to resolution.  The reason account type matters is because PNC uses both Direct Connect and EWC, depending on the type of account.  Since you are using H&B, I'll assume you also have business accounts.  For personal checking accounts, PNC offers DC for free and that is a better, more reliable connection method.  If you go to Account List, does it show DC as selected or that you can improve the connection?  If it's improve, try that to see if it establishes the connection.  Note that there is more than likely a monthly fee from PNC for business accounts, so may not want to set that as DC unless wanted.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
    edited January 19
    Joe said:

Hi @ Joe ,

I would see if you could switch from PNC Bank - Web Connect to PNC Bank-Direct Connect for your Accounts. However, you need to call PNC Bank and see if the Accounts, you have will work. I know that Virtual Wallet, do not.

It is up to you.

1-888-PNC-BANK (1-888-762-2265)
    • Through PNC Voice Banking, automated account information is available 24/7, 365 days a year.
    • 24-hour Automated Account Information is available 24/7, 365 days a year.
    • View the Consumer Voice Banking menu map to get access faster to the information you need.
    • PNC Customer Care Consultants are available 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.,
      ET, Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., ET, Saturday and
      Sunday to help you with your existing PNC accounts or to open new
      accounts.
    • Calling from outside the United States? General Customer
      Service can be reached by calling International Collect, 412-803-7711,
      to help you with your existing PNC accounts. Available 7:00 a.m. to
      10:00 p.m., ET, Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., ET,
      Saturday and Sunday.

Virtual Wallet 1-800-352-2255
    • 24-hour Automated Account Information is available 24/7, 365 days a year.
    • PNC Customer Care Consultants are available 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.,
      ET, Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., ET, Saturday and
      Sunday to help you with your existing PNC accounts or to open new
      accounts.
    Personal Credit Card 1-800-558-8472
    • 24-hour Automated Account Information is available 24/7.
    • View the Consumer Credit Card Voice Banking menu map to get faster access to the informaiton you need.
    • Calling from outside the United States? Credit Card Customer
      Service can be reached by calling International Collect, 412-803-7787,
      to help you with your existing PNC accounts. Available 24/7.

• JoeJoe Member
    edited January 15
    Thanks for all the help.  I have a business account, normal checking and savings accounts and virtual wallet accounts.

I used to have Direct Connect but switched to web connect as I was constantly having issues with the virtual wallet accounts.
    edited January 15
    Joe said:

Thanks for all the help.  I have a business account, normal checking and savings accounts and virtual wallet accounts.

I used to have Direct Connect but switched to web connect as I was constantly having issues with the virtual wallet accounts.

Hi @ Joe ,

Can you have more than one Logins at PNC Bank? One at Express Web Connect and one for Direct Connect?

Myself, a PNC Bank Customer, only have one Account at PNC Bank.

• JoeJoe Member
    edited January 15
    Joe said:

yes, multiple logins.
    edited January 15
    Joe said:

Hi @ Joe ,

Then, you could use Direct Connect for your Checking and Savings Accounts and use Express Web Connect for the Virtual Accounts?
    edited January 27
    I would recommend DC for personal checking and savings accounts.  Credit card accounts are EWC. Leave the business account as EWC as there more than likely would be a charge.  I cannot say for the Virtual wallet, but I believe that it's problematic.  Can you make that a "regular" account?
  • JoeJoe Member
    edited January 16
    EWC will not work at all.    It goes through the update process, gives the green button and no errors upon completion, but no transactions are downloaded.   When I followed thecreator's eight steps above, the new test file did download the accounts and connect, so it has to be something with my existing file that is preventing it from connecting.
    edited January 27
    Here is a process to reestablish bank communications. I've not needed to do this, so I cannot say it will work, but in your case, there's nothing to loose.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/unable-to-reconnect-to-psecu-after-they-changed-...

edited January 16
    Joe said:

EWC will not work at all.    It goes through the update process, gives the green button and no errors upon completion, but no transactions are downloaded.   When I followed thecreator's eight steps above, the new test file did download the accounts and connect, so it has to be something with my existing file that is preventing it from connecting.

Hi @ Joe ,

So early in the year. Have you tried going to File > File Operations > Copy and see if your can make a copy of the Quicken Data File without any errors, straight through?

If you can, see if my procedure works in the Copied File? If it does work, then delete the original Quicken Data File and rename the copy to a name you want to use.

If it does not, then preserve your current data file for reference only and Taxes.

Create a New Quicken Data File, for all of your working Bank Accounts and use the New Quicken Data File, instead of the old one.

• JoeJoe Member
    edited January 16
    Would the new version of quicken solve the issue?
    I am so tired of these fragile connections and all the work arounds to get it to work.   Is it PNC, or is it Quicken.   Other financial institutions are rock solid with no issues.   I have been a die hard user for many many years.  I need a solution or a different software program.  I really appreciate all the suggestions.   I cannot afford hours every time this happens.

edited January 17
    Joe said:

Would the new version of quicken solve the issue?
    I am so tired of these fragile connections and all the work arounds to get it to work.   Is it PNC, or is it Quicken.   Other financial institutions are rock solid with no issues.   I have been a die hard user for many many years.  I need a solution or a different software program.  I really appreciate all the suggestions.   I cannot afford hours every time this happens.

Hi @ Joe ,

With the Subscription-based Quicken Program most of the behind the view of  Quicken Customers are geared to have the Subscription-based Quicken working good.

And on the other hand, you proved by creating a Brand New Quicken Data File, that you were able to download into Quicken from PNC Bank and yet, your existing Data File, Quicken does not download into it from PNC Bank.

Upgrading to the latest version, is no guarantee Quicken will be able to download into that Data File.

Today, is the last day to Save 40 % on Quicken from Quicken.

You have 30 days to return it. According to the promotion that shows up, it reads Save 40% on a 1 year or 2 year version of Quicken. But upon clicking to save, it only shows 30% on a 2 year Membership.

• JoeJoe Member
    edited January 17
    Another related question.... This showed up in my email inbox, as if it had been posted on this problem.   I look here and there is no such post, and when I click on the link of "view reply" it takes me to this post, but there is not the specific post.

Hello 

I read your problem and i think that is a Quicken configuration problem, we are
    very sorry for the inconvenience. On behalf of our team i can suggest, you can
    contact our Quicken customer service for the instant help at +1 (845) xxx-xxxx our technician will assist you further.

Thank You

Is this really quicken that is trying to help?  Any experience with this?
    I called and someone answered.   I did not give them any information as I was not in front of my computer, but it felt a bit scammy..... Thoughts?

Thanks.
    edited January 17
    Joe said:

Another related question.... This showed up in my email inbox, as if it had been posted on this problem.   I look here and there is no such post, and when I click on the link of "view reply" it takes me to this post, but there is not the specific post.

Hello 

I read your problem and i think that is a Quicken configuration problem, we are
    very sorry for the inconvenience. On behalf of our team i can suggest, you can
    contact our Quicken customer service for the instant help at +1 (845) xxx-xxxx our technician will assist you further.

Thank You

Is this really quicken that is trying to help?  Any experience with this?
    I called and someone answered.   I did not give them any information as I was not in front of my computer, but it felt a bit scammy..... Thoughts?

Thanks.

Hi @ Joe ,

Sorry, I thought that I posted this to you:  https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

• JoeJoe Member
    edited January 19
    Joe said:

Thanks, Most of my accounts are virtual wallet, which I monitor for my kids.  I need to get web connect to work.
    edited January 19
    Joe said:

Hi @ Joe ,

Web Connect is manually logging into PNC Bank and downloading a Web Connect File.

Express Web Connect is telling Quicken your Login and Password for Quicken and have Quicken get the transactions and uploading them to you, while you are downloading from Quicken, because it goes through the Bank.

There is a 16 Character Password Limit for Quicken Passwords in Quicken:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-503

"Please note, Quicken has a 16 character limit for bank passwords. If
    your bank password is longer than 16 characters, it will need to be
    shortened."

• JoeJoe Member
    edited January 20
    Joe said:

my mistake.  I meant Express Web Connect.  
  • JoeJoe Member
    edited January 27
    Ok, an update.  I jumped through the many of the cumbersome hoops above and finally re established communications with PNC via EWC... Success... Then four or five days pass, and although it says "success" after a download, it does not pick up the transactions.   arggggg!  Any suggestions as to why it is so unstable and what I can do to restabilize?
    edited January 27
    Joe said:

Ok, an update.  I jumped through the many of the cumbersome hoops above and finally re established communications with PNC via EWC... Success... Then four or five days pass, and although it says "success" after a download, it does not pick up the transactions.   arggggg!  Any suggestions as to why it is so unstable and what I can do to restabilize?

Have you tried going to the problem account register and select Update Now? This often works when OSU fails initially. Run it two or if need be three times in succession to clear.  Hopefully, this will correct it.

I also recall you referring to virtual wallet.  If so, that is not compatible with Quicken and will never download.
  • JoeJoe Member
    Back and working now.  Not sure why you say Virtual wallet will never download... have been doing that for years.   Is that why it has instability issues?
  • NathanNathan Member
    Hi @ Joe ,

Do this, cause I know this works, as I just did it.
    1. First try doing One Step Update to show yourself, it doesn't work.
    2. Next log into PNC Bank Website and update your Secret Questions Answers and provide your current Password and Save the Updated Answers.
    3. Now, create a Brand New Quicken Data File and only add PNC Bank - Web Connect to that file.
    4. After you downloaded the information, go back to the original Data File.
    5. Open PNC Bank Register.
    6. At the Top Actions Gear, left-click the Gear, and click Update Now. Enter information requested, saving the Password and provide the Answer to your Secret Question.
    7. It should update just fine.
    8. Now, you can use File Explorer, to delete the New Quicken Data File, as it isn't needed.
    That gets the Normal Quicken Data File back working without Deactivating and setting up now again.
    Many thanks.   This resolved my download issues w pnc.  

Hi @Nathan ,

You are welcome. Don't forget to click Like.
This discussion has been closed.