ALT+TAB focus

13»

Comments

• bradwwwbradwww Member
    edited January 10
    please fix alt-tab losing focus - i hate pop-up registers - it's been a year! thanks.
  • bradwwwbradwww Member
    edited January 17
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled keys typed in another app cause Quicken to change registers.

i have quicken 2019 running with a register open - i go to browser and press keys alt-left arrow - in the background i can see quicken changing from the register to the home screen - how can quicken possibly be acting upon keystrokes entered into a completely different application which has focus? has been an issue for years. thanks.
  • bradwwwbradwww Member
    edited January 17
    bradwww said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled keys typed in another app cause Quicken to change registers.

i have quicken 2019 running with a register open - i go to browser and press keys alt-left arrow - in the background i can see quicken changing from the register to the home screen - how can quicken possibly be acting upon keystrokes entered into a completely different application which has focus? has been an issue for years. thanks.

i don't know why the moderator moved this comment as it is a completely different issue - keyboard bleed is totally different from losing keyboard focus.
  • Eric, Tim, Jeff, are you listening to your community of users?

We're frustrated! Especially bugs that have been around for years.

When are you going to focus on technical debt and fix these issues that are now 3 years old.

We do not need more features, we need the bugs list cleaned up.

As a Software Engineering Manager, I fully understand the need to bring features to market; but I also know that if you want to retain customers, you need to address these bugs and not let the backlog get out of hand.

• markbmarkb Member
    Two problems since upgrading from Quicken Premier 2017 to Quicken Premier 2019 (currently running 27.1.17.6, R17.6 on Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium):  1) program loses cursor focus when toggle between programs with mouse or use ALT+TAB, and 2) quite often when trying to use ALT+TAB to toggle between programs, Quicken is not shown as an active program to switch to.

Both of these are major usability problems, and really make Quicken Premier a chore to use.  Any fixes available for this?  I am very frustrated by both of these problems.  Thank you in advance
  • Evan S PlattEvan S Platt Member ✭✭
    Quicken Deluxe, R 18 15. Focus is lost when I alt tab. Say I'm entering something into my registry, and need to confirm the amount or anything else, so I alt tab to another app. I alt tab back and the focus is lost. Say I was in the amount field. I'm now apparently nowhere in quicken, and need to click back into the amount field. Pretty annoying. Any fix on the horizon for this?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Evan,

I have moved your post to the ongoing thread for this issue.

Unfortunately, this has been ongoing for quite some time.

I don't have an ETA to offer of when to expect this to be corrected.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • w3w3 Member
    A recent update to Quicken has degraded usability. Prior to some update I could tab to a field and the field would be highlighted. I could then Alt+Tab to another screen to get info for the highlighted field, Alt+Tab back to Quicken and just type or paste the data directly. Since the recent update when I tab back to Quicken the field that was highlighted is no longer highlighted so I must re-highlight before I can enter the new data. This is very annoying and should be changed back so that a highlighted field stays highlighted regardless of switching away to another application and then switching back to Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.