Use today's date and uncleared status for Copy and Paste transaction

RayRay Member
edited January 22 in
When I copy and paste a transaction, the new transaction has the same date and cleared status. If I forget to edit these and save it, it "disappears" and if it was cleared it messes up the cleared balance for the next account reconciliation.

I always want a date near the current date and usually want it uncleared.I'd suggest that the pasted transaction use today's date and be uncleared. 
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser
    edited January 17
    I normally avoid Copy and Paste.
    Just starting a new transaction and selecting the desired Payee Name from the selection list gives me what I need, without undesirable extra fields. All I have to do is to make sure that my Memorized Payee List remains in shape, with some of my regular payees pre-entered, categorized and optionally "Locked" (to prevent accidental change of what I consider to be a skeleton transaction)
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited January 18
    UKR said:

Just starting a new transaction and selecting the desired Payee Name from the selection list gives me what I need, without undesirable extra fields. All I have to do is to make sure that my Memorized Payee List remains in shape, with some of my regular payees pre-entered, categorized and optionally "Locked" (to prevent accidental change of what I consider to be a skeleton transaction)

I wonder if the transaction copy/paste is why so many users seem to have issues with reconciling?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • AndrewAndrew Member
    edited January 17
    UKR said:

Give 'em enough rope, and they'll hang themselves." in this case, the capability. I admit it has happened to me on more than one occasion. I am VERY careful when doing this, but it still bites me.