Certain securities in Fidelity and E-Trade accounts are reporting a current price of 0.00

Betsy Getreu
Betsy Getreu Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
Certain securities in Fidelity and E-Trade accounts are reporting a current price of 0.00. Other securities in these accounts are being updated normally. This is Quicken Deluxe 2019.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Betsy, can you let us know the problem securities?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Betsy Getreu
    Betsy Getreu Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Here are the Symbols: T, BRKB, C, ARR, FSCHX, TEGTX, FCNVX, FERGX, FGOMX, FIWGX, FUSIX
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    At least the last 2 (I didn't check the rest) are "Strategic Advisors Funds" at Fidelity. 

Are the other funds of a similar nature?

And, have you verified in your Security List that each of those securites (funds and non-) are set to download quotes?  Do TOOLS, Security List, and look in the Download Quotes column.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

At least the last 2 (I didn't check the rest) are "Strategic Advisors Funds" at Fidelity. 

Are the other funds of a similar nature?

And, have you verified in your Security List that each of those securites (funds and non-) are set to download quotes?  Do TOOLS, Security List, and look in the Download Quotes column.

To test this, I just now added FUSIX to my security list in Q HBRP 2019, and had no problem download yesterday's closing NAV for the fund.

• Betsy Getreu
    Betsy Getreu Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    The last three items in the list are Strategic Advisors Funds - the other funds are not.  Yes, I have verified that all the items are marked for quote download.  Also, there are a number of securities in our Watch List that also have no price and all zero-priced items show they have never been updated.  The NASDAQ Composite and Russell 2000 are also zero but the DOW Jones Industrials and S&P 500 indexes are fine. In addition, after each update, I receive a dialog box listing 5 securities that have splits that are missing in Quicken.  All these splits are already accounted for.

• Betsy Getreu
    Betsy Getreu Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I fixed the issue by deleting the price quote history for all the affected securities.  I found the instructions at this link:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/downloaded-security-quotes-are-not-updating-current-price
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

I fixed the issue by deleting the price quote history for all the affected securities.  I found the instructions at this link:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/downloaded-security-quotes-are-not-updating-current-price

That would suggest that, somehow, your Price History file got corrupted... wish that I had thought of that possibility.