I want to hide transactions in download list . This is working in some account registers, but not ot

I am running Quicken 2018/2019 on Windows 10. I have most of my downloaded transaction lists set up so that after I have accepted each transaction, it disappears from the list. Recently I opened two new investment accounts. The downloads are working fine, but I can't find where to tell Quicken to make the transactions disappear from the list as I accept each one. Has Quicken stopped offering this feature? 

Comments

• Bob_LBob_L SuperUser
    edited January 17
    When you accept transactions listed in the downloaded transactions tab, they should change to a label saying “accepted”. Then when you hit done they should disappear. Are you saying that isn’t happening? Is your Edit, preferences, downloaded transactions set to NOT automatically enter downloaded investment transactions?
    Quicken Subscription, Windows 10 Pro
  • ac67ac67 Member
    edited January 18
    There used to be a "hide accepted" button on my other accounts, but I didn't see it on these two accounts. That way, each transaction was hidden as it was accepted, and the list got shorter and shorter--easier to work with. Maybe they have taken it away, or put it somewhere else? My other accounts are still set so that each transaction disappears from the list after it is accepted.
  • Bob_LBob_L SuperUser
    edited January 17
    ac67 said:

There used to be a "hide accepted" button on my other accounts, but I didn't see it on these two accounts. That way, each transaction was hidden as it was accepted, and the list got shorter and shorter--easier to work with. Maybe they have taken it away, or put it somewhere else? My other accounts are still set so that each transaction disappears from the list after it is accepted.

Yes, I had forgotten about that as I never used it. Will pay attention next time I get a download to see if it has been removed or is still there.
    Quicken Subscription, Windows 10 Pro
  • splashersplasher SuperUser
    edited January 18
    It is still there.  This screenshot is from sbuscription Quicken (2018+).  You need to right click on one of the transactions in the D/L's transactions tab.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• splashersplasher SuperUser
    edited January 18
    splasher said:

It is still there.  This screenshot is from sbuscription Quicken (2018+).  You need to right click on one of the transactions in the D/L's transactions tab.

@ac67 ; Thanks for posting on this, I found something I was not aware of until I started poking around and I will use it in the future.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited January 18
    ac67 said:

From C. D. Bales:

"There used to be a "hide accepted" button on my other accounts ....".

I don't think there was ever a hide accepted "button". To hide accepted transactions, you right-click a downloaded transaction in the Downloaded Transactions tab and select "Hide accepted transactions".

And I don't believe you have lost any capability. I tested in Q2019, Q2017, Q2016 and Q2014. None offer the ability to "hide accepted transactions" in investment accounts.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • ac67ac67 Member
    edited January 18
    ac67 said:

I just did another download. Only one account had anything to download, and the button is there. I got a screenshot showing the button. How do I post it in a message here? It's cropped to a closeup to avoid making personal information public. When I get downloaded transactions in the accounts where I have not been able to hide the transactions, I will get a screenshot of that.
  • ac67ac67 Member
    edited January 18
    splasher said:

That is for each individual transaction; the "hide accepted" button I'm talking about sets a preference for the entire download. The button then changes to "show accepted" and after accepting each transaction, they are hidden unless I click on the button. It's always been there since approximately 2008 in my checking, savings, and credit card accounts, but I did not see it on two new investment accounts when I had a massive download the other day and wanted to hide the investments that were already accepted.