Not syncing

I have stored my Quicken 2015 for Mac file in the iCloud Drive. Why are transactions missing when I open it up on my new Laptop. I normally use it on my iMac but wanted to work on the file on my laptop. Why can't I?

Comments

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18
    Hello Linda. Appreciate your question.

Quicken 2015 is an unsupported product. Support for the product ended April 30, 2018.

When you are accessing your files, there should be no change to the data in which is provided.

I would try to save your data onto a thumb drive as you move between machines just as a precaution. Just the .quicken2015 file.

If you need help with this, please let us know.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18
    Quicken does not support accessing data files on any type of a cloud drive. They should be on a local hard drive but can be backed up to a cloud drive.

https://www.quicken.com/support/can-i-install-quicken-multiple-computers
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • Linda KlineLinda Kline Member
    edited January 18

Hello Linda. Appreciate your question.

Quicken 2015 is an unsupported product. Support for the product ended April 30, 2018.

When you are accessing your files, there should be no change to the data in which is provided.

I would try to save your data onto a thumb drive as you move between machines just as a precaution. Just the .quicken2015 file.

If you need help with this, please let us know.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

thank you for your help. I understand Quicken 2015 is no longer supported. It just seems very odd that a file, whether kept in a cloud file or on a hard drive file that can be accessed by multiple machines would not show up the same on every machine. It's the data in the file - not the computer it's being viewed on? And that most of the data is there but not all? It makes no sense that the data would not be the same. But thank you for your suggestion. I really appreciate the help!
  • Linda KlineLinda Kline Member
    edited January 18
    Thank you. This is one of the reasons I won't upgrade Quicken. I am content with 2015 for my needs I guess. 
This discussion has been closed.