Can't review 1 transaction in an investment account.

Aholiab
Aholiab Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
Since a little after Jan. 1, 2019, I have an investment account (tax-deferred) with 1 transaction to review. But I don't see anything that needs to be reviewed. Therefore I cannot reset the account. How do I fix this problem?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
  • Aholiab
    Aholiab Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I tried to follow all the directions on this blog post, and when I go to the Online Center, I see one security that was bought on 1/2/2019, 2.83 shares. This security is listed in my normal register, same date, with 1.96 shares bought.

So I clicked on Compare to List (not Compare to Register), but nothing shows below in the Online Center for this account.

Seems like I'm still stuck with this unaccepted transaction.

Any further help would be appreciated. You're the first to point in the right direction; I was in chat today for about 90 minutes to no effect.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Aholiab said:

I tried to follow all the directions on this blog post, and when I go to the Online Center, I see one security that was bought on 1/2/2019, 2.83 shares. This security is listed in my normal register, same date, with 1.96 shares bought.

So I clicked on Compare to List (not Compare to Register), but nothing shows below in the Online Center for this account.

Any further help would be appreciated. You're the first to point in the right direction; I was in chat today for about 90 minutes to no effect.

Did you complete the instructions (as in, toggle the automatic entry)?
    Which year and version of Quicken are you using (select Help > About Quicken)?
  • Aholiab
    Aholiab Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Aholiab said:

I think I followed all the directions carefully, at least three times. I toggled (both ways) on the automatic entry.

I'm using Quicken 2019, R17.6.

I validated, but there were no issues with this account.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Aholiab said:

As you're using Quicken 2019, you could attempt moving all of the transactions to a new investment account and then delete the original account before enabling the Online Services of the new account (and, optionally, renaming the new account).

Before making any significant changes to your data file, always save a data file backup (press Ctrl + B).
This discussion has been closed.