Add Reconciliation Report to Quicken for Mac (88 Legacy Votes)

2»

Comments

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

And yes, the combination of printing a screen shot of the reconcile window and printing a register filtered to show uncleared transactions (both shown in screen shots from Quicken Tyka below) gets you everything that would be in a reconciliation report -- it's just a multi-step process to get there. It might be annoying to have to do those multiple steps, but at least it should be good enough for anyone who needs printed documentation or an account reconciliation. (That doesn't mean Quicken shouldn't get a reconciliation report; it should. It's just a work-around for anyone who needs it now.)
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lbjkowen1982lbjkowen1982 Member
    edited November 2019

Maybe the reason for so few votes for a Reconciliation Summary is that despite entering the correct User ID and Password (I just opened my Quicken Account with them) is that THIS PAGE WILL NOT ACCEPT THE CORRECT UID & PW!
  • KMKM Member ✭✭
    I am switching from PC to Mac and also will miss the reconciliation report.  In fact, as I am working on it the Beginning Balance of one of my accounts is off.  When I went to Quicken Help it instructed me to run a reconciliation report.  Thankfully I can do it on my PC this time, but I use it regularly.

How do I vote? I don't see that option at the top of the page.
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KM In this new forum software that Quicken just recently moved to, you need to to to the first post in the thread to find the vote button. In this case, because there have been many posts on this thread's history, we're currently on Page 2 of the thread.

Just click on 1 for the first page, and under the first post, you'll see a blue box where you can vote.

Click the little triangle under the vote total and wait a second or two until you see your vote registered. (It's not the best user interface, but it's all we've got!) (Also, know that in the transition from the previous Quicken Community forum to this one in February 2019, the old vote totals did not make the transition, but they are preserved at Quicken HQ. So don't be dissuaded from voting on an idea that has 0 or 1 or 2 votes; there were many more that came before which just aren't visible here at this time.)

QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • There is no reconciliation report. I would like that very much.
  • BillBill Member
    I am a former Windows user and found the Reconciliation Report on Quicken for Windows extremely useful. Will Quicken for Mac please add that report?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread to add a reconciliation report to the Mac version.

This Idea is currently marked as "Under Consideration" meaning it is being reviewed by the Development team, however there currently is not an ETA at this time.

Be sure to navigate to the first page of this discussion to add your vote.

Select the black triangle to add your vote!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • SystemSystem Member ✭✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: List of Requests for Report Types in Quicken for Mac (297 Legacy Votes).
  • Hello,
    I am a Windows Quicken user and have been since 1987. I have a client who also was a long time user of Quicken for Windows who recently converted to Quicken for Mac. I was training her how to use Quicken for Mac and was shocked to learn that a Mac user cannot generate a reconciliation report. I called Quicken today and the Quicken rep confirmed this. Some users do not download transactions (my client being one of them). A reconciliation report should be a basic component of any Personal Financial Software. I am asking Quicken to add this feature to the Mac version.
    Thank you.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:

• Hello @Ann Lewis,

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the Community!

I went ahead and merged your post with an ongoing Idea for this same feature request. Our developer's review Idea threads to get an idea of what people would like Quicken to offer.

Be sure to add your vote by clicking on the gray triangle right above the current vote count, located in the blue box at the beginning of this thread:

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie
    -Quicken Natalie 

• new to quicken mac 2017 - wanting to know how to print a report after reconciling an account.
  • John_in_NCJohn_in_NC SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no reconciliation report in Quicken for Mac (2017 or later)
  • thanks john. the old version had this. i liked to print a report.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is why this IDEA thread is here...click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count at the top of page 1 in the blue banner, so your vote will count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version (it may take a moment for your vote to register).

Your VOTES matter!

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs: