Problem with downloaded Macy's

2»

Comments

• Greg BrownGreg Brown Member
    edited April 2018
    I too have a Macy's American Express card, and have been OK for about 2 weeks or so... And yes Macy's is the correct login.
  • edited May 2018

Hello Linda V,

Are you still experiencing issues?

Please let us know. If there is no response within 48 hours, the thread will be closed.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Macy's is dead again cannot download or activate in Quicken for Windows 2017.

Had a pretty good run for about two weeks, LOL 
  • fritzinpaseofritzinpaseo Member
    edited May 2018

Hello Linda V,

Are you still experiencing issues?

Please let us know. If there is no response within 48 hours, the thread will be closed.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

yes mine worked for a week now again no more. I wish Quicken would figure it out, or maybe there is a better product than Quicken to use.
  • Kay KKay K Member
    edited May 2018
    There also seems to be another issue - if you have had a regular Macy's account in the past and now have the Macy's Am Ex, for some reason the Am Ex wasn't coming up to link to during the setup process.  Turns out even though Macy's closed the original account due to inactivity, it was never removed on their end (or something like that).  I called Macys customer service and asked them to please deactivate the old account, and they finally did so (the card had not been usable for several years).  I was then able to set up the Am Ex card.
  • Ted GallagherTed Gallagher Member
    edited June 2018

Posting again, because I seem to be getting an error unlike other people. Specifically, when I try to setup online, Quicken appears to be connecting, but comes back with a screen that shows both accounts, the in-store and Amex, but says they're "Unknown type". The error message says this should go away after a few days, but I've seen it ever since this problem started weeks ago.

I have had this issue for months.  I receive the same message as this.
  • BobCBobC Member
    edited August 2018

I have not seen this problem for several months, sometime after my post of 4 months ago.  From my perspective, it is solved.  However, as with other connectivity issues, if it returns, I will refer to this post as documentation of similar historical issues.
  • pbug56pbug56 Member
    edited August 2018
    It made a brief appearance several days ago.
  • zaconlinezaconline Member
    edited January 20
    I was just having a problem adding a new Macy's AmEx card because I did not have security questions in my online account. With Macy's tech support I was able to add the security questions. But, she told me that they do not support Quicken. Since Macy's was listed in the Quicken institutions list, I tried again and my new account came up and downloaded the activity, although the description of purchases were wrong, the amounts were correct. I suspect, that when they say they don't support it, they mean that if you have a problem, don't call them. I did tell her, that if I could not download my activity into Quicken, I was going to close the account. Now I will see if it keeps working.

• pbug56pbug56 Member
    edited January 20
    Macy's does some pretty strange things with their cards, IMHO.  One is to keep traces of dead cards around for years, and sometimes the dead seem to come back to life.  Plus there are near constant problems with Quicken.  Part of the problem is that somehow Macy's comes between you and the real card provider, Citi or Amex.  I also have a Sears card, first the stand alone, later the MC, both provided by Citi.  There's the 'inbetween you and the card provider' also, but once Quicken got it setup a few years ago, it's worked well most of the time (not all of the time though, just nowhere near as bad as Macy's).