Quicken Update - Full Price?

I updated my TurboTax for just the extra I forget 10 or 20 bucks. I just went to upgrade Quicken from the 74.99/yr package to Quicken Business and Personal, and expected a similar 20 upgrade charge, only to be told it would be the full $88 dollars ON TOP of the existing $74.99 I already paid! Is this true or just a problem with the web site. I need to know before I actually install so I can ask for a refund before I actually start yo use the upgrade and commit myself.

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18
    You need to contact Quicken support ( Quicken Support  ) for an official answer.  The price would depend on whether you upgraded from Starter or Premier or how much time is left on your current subscription.  You did not provide any of that information, so it isn't even possible to speculate.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• AndrewAndrew Member
    edited January 18
    The other thing that MIGHT be in play here is that TurboTax (Intuit's product) and Quicken (Quicken Inc's product) are, as I know we all know, two separate companies, and at some point I would assume their marketing arrangements for mutual discounts and other benefits (like why should Quicken be tied to TurboTax exclusively now? Why not get in bed with, say, H&R Block to expand their marketshare in ability toi export directly into their tax product, easily, as well) will come to an end.  Just a thought.  Maybe it already terminated.  I don't know.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18
    Even though this is a Quicken forum - now divorced from Intuit and TurboTax -
    What do you mean.... I updated my TurboTax for just the extra I forget 10 or 20 bucks.
    What version did you already have installed, and what version did you "update" to ?
    Next -
    What version of Quicken did you already have installed, and what version do you want ?
    Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • edited January 19
    I've got a similar problem. I installed Quicken Starter, then realized I want the features in Quicken Deluxe. It appears that to upgrade I have to pay full price, and wasted my money on Quicken Starter. It's it necessary to return Quicken Starter for a refund and start over with Quicken Deluxe to avoid wasting the $35 I paid for Quicken Starter?
  • edited January 27
    I got the answer to my question from Quicken support: I had to get a refund for Starter, and then pay full price for Deluxe. Support was very helpful, and processed the refund for me

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20

I got the answer to my question from Quicken support: I had to get a refund for Starter, and then pay full price for Deluxe. Support was very helpful, and processed the refund for me

You do not need to buy directly from Quicken Inc.  Online retailers offer the option to download at lower prices.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20
    Weird that the screen doesn't indicate the cost of the "upgrade" -
    or imply the cost is just the difference in yearly pricing,
    but merely lists the new plan price.
    So - If I click - do I get charged... $74.99 or $25.00

--> Help --> Add More Investing & Tax Tools

I wasn't going to click on anything... fear of being charged -

Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10