commission on sale of bonds still not handled correctly in 2017

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
When posting sale of bonds, commission is not subtracted from the proceeds of the sale in 2017 version.  It handled the accrued interest, but not the commission.  So after trying several times, I deleted the bond sale and left the accrued interest as posted.  I then used the sale of stock which processed the commission correctly. 

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Hi Dave,

I'm sorry if this issue with the commission on sale bonds has caused and confusion or inconvenience. To help us provide you with the most appropriate answer, please let us know which Quicken product (QWin or QMac), what version (2015, 2016, etc.) and what release you have installed. Also, let us know whether you using the US version of Quicken or Quicken Canada. 

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Quicken 2017 Home and Business, Version R4; Build 26.1.4.5
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm using Quicken 2018 and this problem still exists!  Seems like an easy fix, no?  Also, when using the "Bonds Sold" transaction function, the accrued interest is recorded as "misc. income" instead of "interest income".  Why?
  • Glenn400
    Glenn400 Member
    edited January 2018
    Same problem here... US Quicken 2017 Deluxe CD Windows R26.1.15.13 Bond Sale transaction erroneously adds (not subtract) the commission amount to the sale proceeds.  Please fix this Quicken math bug that appears to have been around since the 2016 product.

Why does this OLD bug still exist?

Workaround is to enter the commission/fee in a separate MiscExp transaction.

Glenn
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm using Quicken premier 2019 R17.6 and still have the same problem. I also reported the problem directly to Quicken but did not get a response.
  • Reynold050
    Reynold050 Member ✭✭
    Here we are in the middle of 2020 and this error still exists. How lame.
  • Hello @Reynold050,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, however, this is an older post and is less likely to get an answer.

I suggest creating a new post for better visibility.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849429/how-to-add-a-post-to-the-community

Be sure to include a description of the issue, along with any error messages, as well as the version/release of Quicken that you're using.

The more information you can provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.