Print a report which includes Transaction Notes? (1 Merged Vote)

Robert KeeseckerRobert Keesecker Member ✭✭
edited October 11 in Reports (Windows)
I use "Transaction Notes and Flags" on a regular basis and would like to be able to print a report which includes the Transaction Notes (not the Memo field information).  I suspect the answer is that it can't be done, but I'm just checking to be sure.
8 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Comments

• B MantzelB Mantzel Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    I often flag transactions so they show up on alert screen.  When I click on the Alert icon on the actions bar, I see the followup date, and the account, but nothing which reflects the Notes I put into the alert to describe the history and actions I need to take.  Could you please add this Notes info to the Alerts "results" list, so I can see at a glance, up front, what is in each Note for each Alert which is reported?  Seems like this would make that function much more useful.   The Notes field contents on the Alerts screen don't necessarily need to contain the FULL contents, just whatever can be displayed on one line (perhaps with the ability to scroll "to the right"). Thanks!
    edited December 2018
    Also, please enable user ...
    - to re-size the columns with drag-n-drop, and
    - to sort (ascending/descending) individual columns by clicking on the column headers.

Today, can't see full date unless i hover over the field.  Lots of space for Description field (most of it blank), but very little for Date, and NO content in "TYPE" column (what is that column/field intended to describe?)

Thanks!
  • Connie BrownConnie Brown Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Good ideas.
    edited January 18
    Will there be any response/post on this website to indicate status (investigating/in plan/rejected) of this suggestion?
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    No, as this is a user to user forum.  While a posting can be listed as "Idea", that does not mean Quicken Inc. will act on it.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1909
    edited November 22

No, as this is a user to user forum.  While a posting can be listed as "Idea", that does not mean Quicken Inc. will act on it.

GeoffG, thanks for clarifying. 
    Does anyone know of a website which can be used to post user suggestions, AND  which will be reviewed by (and hopefully acted on?) by Quicken staff?
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22

This post has been changed to "Idea".  If you want your voice heard to to the top right and cast your vote.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1909
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Robert,

That's a great question and thank you for sharing it with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Please visit https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7134394/how-do-i-print-the-notes-column-or-the-tag-column-in-a-register-the-notes-column-is-not-on-the-prin and let us know if this information helps.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Thanks, Sarah.  The link you provided confirmed what I thought, which is that Transaction Notes cannot be printed/exported.  Maybe in a future version, I hope.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Robert,

You are welcome and thank you for posting back.  I've gone ahead and changed this post an "Idea" post.The Idea posts are reviewed by our Development teams for insight on what features and functionalities our Users are asking to see in Quicken. 

Idea posts can be voted on by other Members of the Community and the more votes an idea receives, the higher it is prioritized by Development for possible future implementation in the software.  Submitting an Idea to the Community is one of the best ways to request a new feature or functionality in Quicken.

Thanks again,

Sarah