Unable to reconnect to PSECU after they changed to Express Web Connect

2»

Comments

• edited December 2018

Come on, PSECU, get it together and help your customers because I am at my wit's end with this problem! Quicken support has been great but I can't say the same for PSECU. I've called, talked with supervisors, heard promises of call backs, but nothing has been fixed. I ended up having to create a whole new data file, recreating all my accounts, setting up paychecks, etc. This worked for a while but as of today I'm having all of the same earlier errors--not downloading my accounts and changing the attributes for my loan. I'm seriously considering changing to another credit union that can actually handle EBC.

Validate and Super/Validate hung on me, requiring task manager to end it.  After much trouble shooting this morning, I found it to be in a corrupted bill and income reminder.  Perhaps it's a side affect of enabling/disabling so many PSECU checking accounts over the last few months.  Support did not know how to tell me to look at the Validate log.  I was able to view the log by running the Validate from a known working Quicken file, and then choosing the "bad" file.  (FYI - I had to back date my computer's clock to be able to get in to edit the offending reminder.)  So now that support can no longer use my inability to run validate as an excuse to close the support case, I can proceed with some of the good suggestions on this forum as I continue to fix the PSECU issues.
  • edited December 2018
    I saw this issue CC-800 with PSECU this week too.  This is a new issue.  https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/new-10-30-2018-cc-800-account-not-found-cc-501-1...

• Troy SherwinTroy Sherwin Member
    edited December 2018
    I have this issue almost every day.  I have been able to have some success through trial and error.  What seems to work when I get a failure is that I open a test Quicken file that doesn't have any data in it.  I click on Tools then Add Account.  I search on PSECU which brings up PSECU-New.  I select PSECU-New.  I enter my username and PW in the next window.  All my accounts then appear.  When this happens I can usually go back to my main Quicken file and download to PSECU successfully.  Sometimes the test Quicken file will return "unknown file type".  When this happens I cancel and retry the operation until all the PSECU accounts come back successfully.  Then I switch back to my main account and try the download again.  Also, I have noted that it helps if I remove my PSECU accounts from one step update.  I download to the PSECU accounts one at a time from within the register.  This issue seems to have something to do with the amount of time an individuals quicken file on the Quicken server is "open" and attempting to download from an individuals banking institutions.  Another trick, I use an account at PSECU that doesn't have many transactions in the register.  For me I use the debit card account that PSECU creates for some reason.  This debit card account never receives any downloads because they are tracked under the checking register.  Use this account to reset or deactivate/reactivate that way there is no register to clean up from 90 days of duplicate transactions that were downloaded.

Also; in case someone at PSECU actually reads this, when PSECU updated to Express Web Connect I lost the ability to download the transactions for my auto loan.
  • Joe MagidJoe Magid Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

I have this issue almost every day.  I have been able to have some success through trial and error.  What seems to work when I get a failure is that I open a test Quicken file that doesn't have any data in it.  I click on Tools then Add Account.  I search on PSECU which brings up PSECU-New.  I select PSECU-New.  I enter my username and PW in the next window.  All my accounts then appear.  When this happens I can usually go back to my main Quicken file and download to PSECU successfully.  Sometimes the test Quicken file will return "unknown file type".  When this happens I cancel and retry the operation until all the PSECU accounts come back successfully.  Then I switch back to my main account and try the download again.  Also, I have noted that it helps if I remove my PSECU accounts from one step update.  I download to the PSECU accounts one at a time from within the register.  This issue seems to have something to do with the amount of time an individuals quicken file on the Quicken server is "open" and attempting to download from an individuals banking institutions.  Another trick, I use an account at PSECU that doesn't have many transactions in the register.  For me I use the debit card account that PSECU creates for some reason.  This debit card account never receives any downloads because they are tracked under the checking register.  Use this account to reset or deactivate/reactivate that way there is no register to clean up from 90 days of duplicate transactions that were downloaded.

Also; in case someone at PSECU actually reads this, when PSECU updated to Express Web Connect I lost the ability to download the transactions for my auto loan.

Troy - thanks very much for your trial and error work and posting this. I'm going to give it a try with fingers crossed.

Re: use an account with few transactions

To make sure I'm clear on this, to prevent the problem "next" time, you download your debit card first and then pull down each of the other accounts one at a time, is that correct?

Thanks again - Joe
    edited December 2018

Joe - I don't know of any way to download each of the accounts within PSECU separately.  What I do is right click on the debit card account in the account list on the left of the GUI.  I click on edit/delete account.  I go into the online services tab and click on reset account.  This account then resets, but at the same time it pulls down all the current transactions for the other nine accounts I have at PSECU. 
    edited December 2018

The other trick was to not include PSECU in your One Step Update.  Download transactions from within the register of one of your PSECU accounts.  Do this first before you try any of your other non-PSECU accounts.  My theory is that there is one file on the Quicken server that includes the access information for all of your financial institutions.  The longer that file is "open" on the Quicken server the more likely it is to time out at PSECU.  So download for PSECU first outside of one step update and then you can do all the other ones together using one step update.
    edited December 2018

When I referred to separate PSECU accounts.  I meant mine and my wife's which have different usernames and passwords.  I download transactions for these two accounts separately and outside of one step update.
  • davejjrdavejjr Member
    edited December 2018

Problem when I reset the account i get past transactions again
    edited December 2018

I've pretty much always downloaded PSECU separately, though starting with my checking account (though I will see if starting with the debit card has any impact). Unfortunately, that's not prevented the issue. I've tried resetting on one occasssion and that didn't work; I've had to disconnect each account - I've got 8 all told, including the duplicate credit card accounts matched up with the associated loan accounts (I've got the old traditional and newer Founders), so it's a bit of a tedious process. 
    edited December 2018

Dave - there are instructions available at C:\Data\Quicken\Quicken
    Post Banking System Upgrade Troubleshooting Tips.pdf on how to go about deleting the duplicate entries that generally works OK. You just have to be careful to note what the last previously entered transaction is in each account and it doesn't hurt to take a look on-line to see what is new to be downloaded so you don't delete any of those incorrectly.
  • davejjrdavejjr Member
    edited December 2018

I know how to do it, just deleting 300 plus transactions is a pain in the ...
    edited December 2018

Yes Dave, we are all aware of that.

Troy - I created the test file, ran add several times before it worked (came up with unknown prior to that), went back to my regular file, tried to download, failed, went to my debit card account, ran Reset Account, it found that account, confirmed it had the right one, it finished resetting and pulled down only the not yet downloaded transactions for my checking and Founders credit card account. Minor miracle...
  • edited December 2018

Mine has behaved for a couple of weeks.  (I did many many account resets...) On a side note, I had printed copies of my failed chats and snail mailed them to corporate headquarters.  I was then offered support from the Quicken Office of the President.

Troy - I think the car loan change was deliberate.  I miss those transactions too.  It seems like a step backwards.
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hello everyone.

We are aware of this issue:

This is due to the FI making changes on their backend, and transitioning customers from Direct Connect to now only use EWC. 

The FI has this information, with instructions on how to change this, on their link below: 
    https://www.psecu.com/quicken 

Hope this information is helpful.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • edited December 2018
    Unless there is something new here, I'm not so sure. There was more going on, and unfortunately, your second tier support was not available when I needed them for troubleshooting. Please look into 24 hour availability for that group. Thanks.
    edited December 2018

Hello everyone.

This is due to the FI making changes on their backend, and transitioning customers from Direct Connect to now only use EWC. 

The FI has this information, with instructions on how to change this, on their link below: 

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Harold,

There is something going on that is beyond the change from Direct Connect to EWC as there are recurring issues (near 50% of the time).

I am this very minute having to deal with another failed download, going through the steps Troy provided above to create a temp file, verify that it can find the PSECU accounts before resetting the (empty) Debit Card account.

I don't know on which side the root cause is to be found, but I (and I expect everyone else experiencing issues as well as the PSECU and Quicken tier 1 support people) would very much appreciated if you would work with PSECU until the issue is truly resolved.
    edited December 2018

Hello everyone.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Well said Joe.  I work in the tech world and this is unacceptable.  If I wasn't so in bed with PSECU and Quicken, I would take my business elsewhere.
    edited January 3
    All

I have been resetting my PSECU account from within the bogus debit card registry every day that I connect.  Using this method I have zero issues.  I reset the debit card account and then pick the debit card account to match to in the next screen that appears.  This brings in all my other PSECU account downloads without issue.
  • edited January 10
    I received this from PSECU on Jan 8, 2019.  At least they aren't blaming us individually anymore.

Dear Christopher,

You’re receiving this
    message because our records indicate that you may have used Quicken in the past
    with your PSECU account. If you no longer use Quicken, you may disregard this
    message.

Thank you for your membership. You are a valued member, and we want you to know
    that we are working toward a solution to the issues you and other Quicken users
    have been experiencing.

As we work toward a resolution, we will provide updates to let you know of our
    progress and advise you of any workarounds we discover. In the meantime, if you
    need assistance reconnecting your accounts, Quicken support can assist via chat
    or phone at: quicken.com/support

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we seek to
    resolve the issues.

Sincerely,

Your Team at PSECU 

edited January 11
    Chris

I got that message as well.  Its only been what 3 or 4 months since we brought this to their attention.

Still disappointing.

edited January 21
    Better late than never. Meanwhile, I've got a new wrinkle. After executing a reset from my Debit card account, which has been resulting in downloads from all of my "active" accounts (Checking, Savings, Founders credit), it now pulls down Savings and Founders, but Checking is "stuck" at 11/05 as the last download, revealed by going to Tools/OnLine Center, selecting Contact Info while pressing <shft><ctrl> and selecting the checking account; restart DTSTART shows the current (last download) date. It's today for the other accounts, 11/05 for checking. 

I tried doing a reset to 01/04 and executing an update, but no luck, other than pushing the date back 1 day. I figured I'd check with the brain trust before reverting to a disconnect/reconnet.

Here's a snippet of the Comm log - note the "*** Status code not 'ok' *** just as it starts the checking account:

20190112 11:34:01: Initiate Complete   ---- [Validating password]
    20190112 11:34:02: Translating Error Codes  [Validating password]: gSOAP/CCC/WININET : [0] --TO--> IC Error: [0]
    20190112 11:34:02: CC Request Complete ---- [Validating password]: Status/Error Code : 0
    20190112 11:34:02: Starting Connection ------------------------------------------
    20190112 11:34:02: Initiate Complete   ---- [Getting account status for PSECU Savings (S001)]
    20190112 11:34:02: Translating Error Codes  [Getting account status for PSECU Savings (S001)]: gSOAP/CCC/WININET : [0] --TO--> IC Error: [0]
    20190112 11:34:02: CC Request Complete ---- [Getting account status for PSECU Savings (S001)]: Status/Error Code : 0
    20190112 11:34:02: Starting Connection ------------------------------------------
    20190112 11:34:02: Initiate Complete   ---- [Retrieving data for PSECU Savings (S001)]
    20190112 11:34:03: Translating Error Codes  [Retrieving data for PSECU Savings (S001)]: gSOAP/CCC/WININET : [0] --TO--> IC Error: [0]
    20190112 11:34:03: Mapping Error Codes ---- [Retrieving data for PSECU Savings (S001)]: IC error : 0, EBStatus: 0
    20190112 11:34:03: CC Request Complete ---- [Retrieving data for PSECU Savings (S001)]: Status/Error Code : 0
    20190112 11:34:03: Skipping  Request   ---- [Authenticating with server] .
    20190112 11:34:03: Starting Connection ------------------------------------------
    20190112 11:34:03: Initiate Complete   ---- [Getting financial institution information]
    20190112 11:34:04: Translating Error Codes  [Getting financial institution information]: gSOAP/CCC/WININET : [0] --TO--> IC Error: [0]
    20190112 11:34:04: CC Request Complete ---- [Getting financial institution information]: Status/Error Code : 0
    20190112 11:34:04: Skipping  Request   ---- [Authenticating with server] .
    20190112 11:34:04: Starting Connection ------------------------------------------
    20190112 11:34:04: Initiate Complete   ---- [Validating password]
    20190112 11:34:05: Translating Error Codes  [Validating password]: gSOAP/CCC/WININET : [0] --TO--> IC Error: [0]
    20190112 11:34:05: *** Status code not 'ok' *** 
    20190112 11:34:05: Mapping Error Codes ---- [Retrieving data for PSECU Checking]: IC error : 0, EBStatus: 0
    20190112 11:34:05: CC Request Complete ---- [Validating password]: Status/Error Code : 0
    edited January 12
    Joe Magid said:

Better late than never. Meanwhile, I've got a new wrinkle. After executing a reset from my Debit card account, which has been resulting in downloads from all of my "active" accounts (Checking, Savings, Founders credit), it now pulls down Savings and Founders, but Checking is "stuck" at 11/05 as the last download, revealed by going to Tools/OnLine Center, selecting Contact Info while pressing <shft><ctrl> and selecting the checking account; restart DTSTART shows the current (last download) date. It's today for the other accounts, 11/05 for checking. 

I tried doing a reset to 01/04 and executing an update, but no luck, other than pushing the date back 1 day. I figured I'd check with the brain trust before reverting to a disconnect/reconnet.

Here's a snippet of the Comm log - note the "*** Status code not 'ok' *** just as it starts the checking account:

20190112 11:34:02: Translating Error Codes  [Validating password]: gSOAP/CCC/WININET : [0] --TO--> IC Error: [0]
    20190112 11:34:02: CC Request Complete ---- [Validating password]: Status/Error Code : 0
    20190112 11:34:02: Initiate Complete   ---- [Getting account status for PSECU Savings (S001)]
    20190112 11:34:02: Translating Error Codes  [Getting account status for PSECU Savings (S001)]: gSOAP/CCC/WININET : [0] --TO--> IC Error: [0]
    20190112 11:34:02: CC Request Complete ---- [Getting account status for PSECU Savings (S001)]: Status/Error Code : 0
    20190112 11:34:02: Initiate Complete   ---- [Retrieving data for PSECU Savings (S001)]
    20190112 11:34:03: Translating Error Codes  [Retrieving data for PSECU Savings (S001)]: gSOAP/CCC/WININET : [0] --TO--> IC Error: [0]
    20190112 11:34:03: Mapping Error Codes ---- [Retrieving data for PSECU Savings (S001)]: IC error : 0, EBStatus: 0
    20190112 11:34:03: CC Request Complete ---- [Retrieving data for PSECU Savings (S001)]: Status/Error Code : 0
    20190112 11:34:03: Starting Connection ------------------------------------------
    20190112 11:34:03: Initiate Complete   ---- [Getting financial institution information]
    20190112 11:34:04: Translating Error Codes  [Getting financial institution information]: gSOAP/CCC/WININET : [0] --TO--> IC Error: [0]
    20190112 11:34:04: CC Request Complete ---- [Getting financial institution information]: Status/Error Code : 0
    20190112 11:34:04: Starting Connection ------------------------------------------
    20190112 11:34:05: Translating Error Codes  [Validating password]: gSOAP/CCC/WININET : [0] --TO--> IC Error: [0]
    20190112 11:34:05: Mapping Error Codes ---- [Retrieving data for PSECU Checking]: IC error : 0, EBStatus: 0
    20190112 11:34:05: CC Request Complete ---- [Validating password]: Status/Error Code : 0

I had a similar issue on Friday.  Make sure you can access your PSECU accounts from a test profile in Quicken.  If you can get all of the accounts to return correctly reopen your original account.  Use a different account to reset than you did the first time.  Preferably one without a lot of transactions in the last three months.  See if this doesn't bring in your up to date info for your checking.  Worst case scenario, like you said, you will have to deactivate/reactivate your checking account.
  • Jeanine BaronJeanine Baron Member
    edited January 13
    Joe Magid said:

I'd like to know whether this ongoing issue with Quicken would escalate to priority status with PSECU if all affected customers left the bank and migrated their $$ to a 'real' bank that dedicated resources to customer service.
  • davejjrdavejjr Member
    edited January 13
    Joe Magid said:

I can no longer reset. All I get now is unknown type. Time to switch banks!
  • edited January 13
    I had printed some of my chat sessions with Tier one and sent them via U.S. Postal mail to corporate head quarters. (My interactions were less than ideal, and I thought someone should QC them.) I received a nice letter back from Eric Dunn (12/10/2018),  and my issue was elevated to the Office or the President.  I have been working with someone quite competent there. 

There is an issue with EWC.

I was invited to join a Beta program too:
    You recently contacted Quicken Support to report an online banking problem you were experiencing with Express Web Connect in Quicken Windows.
    We are preparing to test a new mechanism for getting online banking data (accounts, transactions, and balances) and are looking for Quicken Users like yourself to test this new aggregation tool.
    If you are willing to participate in this special project, please  View this Opportunity.
    We expect this testing assignment to last several weeks with multiple beta builds provided over the course of testing as we make improvements based on your feedback.
    We thank you, in advance, for your consideration. If you are not interested in this special project, please disregard and no further action is required.

I think the intent is to make the middle-ware similar to that of the Mac users.  They apparently don't have these issues.  I hope this works!

Chris
    edited January 13
    Joe Magid said:

Dave, the following steps should fix your problem. I had to do this yesterday.

1. Backup file

2. Run Super Validate ( when selecting File Operations)

3. Fix any substantive issues

4. Deactivate all Express Connect connections (including non-PSECU accounts)

5. Tools/On-line center

a. () Update/Send

b. Reset CC Credentials

6. Tools/On-line center

a. () Contact Info

i. Pick PSECU Checking account

ii. Select Reset DTSTART

iii. Set to TODAY

iv. Select all refresh options (only)

v. Select Refresh

7. Check for end of existing transactions and also on-line PSECU for list of new transactions to expect

8. Tools - Add Account

a. Select Checking

b. Key in PSECU

c. Select PSECU-New

d. Put in UID/Pwd

9. Sort by entered date & delete all duplicate entries, be sure not to delete truly new entries

10. Reconnect other Express Connect accounts.
    edited January 13

I had printed some of my chat sessions with Tier one and sent them via U.S. Postal mail to corporate head quarters. (My interactions were less than ideal, and I thought someone should QC them.) I received a nice letter back from Eric Dunn (12/10/2018),  and my issue was elevated to the Office or the President.  I have been working with someone quite competent there. 

There is an issue with EWC.

I was invited to join a Beta program too:

You recently contacted Quicken Support to report an online banking problem you were experiencing with Express Web Connect in Quicken Windows.
    We are preparing to test a new mechanism for getting online banking data (accounts, transactions, and balances) and are looking for Quicken Users like yourself to test this new aggregation tool.
    If you are willing to participate in this special project, please  View this Opportunity.
    We expect this testing assignment to last several weeks with multiple beta builds provided over the course of testing as we make improvements based on your feedback.
    We thank you, in advance, for your consideration. If you are not interested in this special project, please disregard and no further action is required.

I think the intent is to make the middle-ware similar to that of the Mac users.  They apparently don't have these issues.  I hope this works!

ChrisAppreciate your taking the time to do this.
    edited January 13
    Joe Magid said:

Jeanine, you certainly are free to leave PSECU over this, but, as per the most recent new post, they are actively working on the issue. Given all the other positive aspects of PSECU, as much as this has been a royal PITA, I'm willing to stick it out.
  • Jeanine BaronJeanine Baron Member
    edited January 20
    Joe Magid said:

I logged in to a Quicken chat session this morning while walking through steps which had taken me up to the 'Unknown Type' screen experienced over the past 7 weeks. 

But today, my accounts were available to be linked, and all missing transactions successfully downloaded to my checking account [okay, there were a couple hundred duplicates to sift through], so I canceled out of the chat session.

I'm not certain whether I'll be able to replicate the ability to download transactions in the upcoming weeks, but for now, I'm back to banking bliss with PSECU.
    edited January 21
    Joe Magid said:

Glad it worked for you Jeanine. I was able to do a regular old Update
    Transactions (from an alter-ego credit card account with no
    transactions) without issue on Saturday. Fingers crossed that they are
    getting things fixed.
This discussion has been closed.