Continuing Wells Fargo problems since last months Wells Fargo outage

I've removed the download option from all my Wells Fargo accounts,
closed Quicken, reopened Quicken, then reestablished the Wells Fargo
Express Web Connect. When I do this, it gets the data and it populates
my Downloaded Transactions. However, after this one time, when I do an
update, Quicken acts as if everything completed correctly, but there's
no data. I can logon to Wells Fargo's web site using my web browser and
download the data file that way and it works fine. I've done this a couple of times since it was reported on this forum that last month's problem was fixed. So, basically, it's NOT fixed.

Comments

• Quicken AlexQuicken Alex Moderator ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hello Wayne,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble downloading your Wells Fargo transactions, and thanks for taking the time to post. This is actually a known (ongoing) issue. To review and Follow the Announcement, please visit https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/new-9-10-2018-wells-fargo-returning-cc-502-102-w....

Sincerely,
    Alex
  • EdEd Member
    edited January 21
    Alex - you refer us to a 9/10/2018 article saying they are still running maintenance?  It's almost a month later. It's hard to believe WFB takes a month to perform maintenance...   ???
  • Quicken AlexQuicken Alex Moderator ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Ed said:

Alex - you refer us to a 9/10/2018 article saying they are still running maintenance?  It's almost a month later. It's hard to believe WFB takes a month to perform maintenance...   ???

Hello Ed,

This issue has not been confirmed resolved by Wells Fargo to date, unfortunately. Once confirmed resolved, the Community Announcement (above) will be marked resolved and all Followers will be notified.

If you have additional questions or concerns regarding this issue and when it will be resolved, please contact Wells Fargo directly for more.

Thank you,
    Alex
  • ar2326ar2326 Member
    edited January 21
    I deactivated the one-step update today and then reactivated it and it does now seem to be working for me.
  • Antonio A.Antonio A. Member
    edited October 2018
    Have you tried the alternative server Wells fargo wellsfargononqfx.scr? , create a backup, deactivate the accounts, when you reactivate them try to use the alternative server (type it in) and relink the accounts that server is only available for EWC (Express Web connect) to download info. If you want to Pay your bills 

• Tom NolteTom Nolte Member
    edited October 2018
    Worked fine today for all eight of my WF accounts.

• KBKB Member
    edited October 2018
    Doesn't work with Wells Fargo Direct Connect though
  • EdEd Member
    edited November 2018
    As of this AM, only 1 of my WFB accounts is updating.  Quicken/Express Web Connect is once again ignoring the other WFB linked accounts.  I can't tell you how many times over the years I've disconnected and then re-linked WFB accounts. This is a continuing problem.  Quicken - when can we expect a better solution?  Resorting to manual entries once again.  Ugh.
  • emilyemily Member
    edited October 2018

Hello Wayne,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble downloading your Wells Fargo transactions, and thanks for taking the time to post. This is actually a known (ongoing) issue. To review and Follow the Announcement, please visit https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/new-9-10-2018-wells-fargo-returning-cc-502-102-w....

Sincerely,
    Alex

I stopped using the download function for Wells Fargo at least two years ago.  I called both Quicken and Wells Fargo and spent hours wasted and not getting a resolution.  I was sure it was WF problem, because I had no other problems from other institutions and WF Advisors stilled worked.  I would like to resume downloading from Quicken rather than going to WF website and doing it that way.  HAS THIS PROBLEM BEEN SOLVED??????????????
  • Terri SozzoniTerri Sozzoni Member
    edited October 2018
    Ed said:

I also bank at wells fargo and I haven't been able to download my transactions from 7/27/18 to today it still not working... Get it together people
  • Wayne MorganWayne Morgan Member
    edited October 2018

Hello Wayne,

Sincerely,
    Alex

I had it work Saturday, but intermittent working has been reported. As a work around, you can log onto your account at Wells Fargo using a web browser and download the file for Quicken. When you run the file in Quicken, make sure you tell it to match the downloaded data with the appropriate account. By default, it will try to import it as a new account.

To get to this information in Wells Fargo, as you log on choose Account Summary. From the account summary page, click the Accounts link at the top of the page then under Manage Accounts, choose Download Account Activity. You will have an option to select the account to download and the file type you want to download. You will probably want Quicken as the file type, but choose Quickbooks or the other appropriate file for you.
  • edited November 2018
    Has this issue been resolved? I have tried downloading transactions from WF website, and importing them. No transactions are imported, though file seems to have all the data. The problem seems to be with importing into Quicken. I have been a quicken user since 2004, and this issue is stumping me. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I spent an hour entering transactions manually, ans still have 2 more weeks worth of transactions to enter.
  • ar2326ar2326 Member
    edited October 2018
    Has been working fine for me for a couple of weeks now. You do have to deactivate the update and then relink it. Works fine thereafter. 
  • SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Have you tried using the "Update Now" option from the Account Register?
  • ar2326ar2326 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes. All is working fine. Issue is resolved.
  • edited February 13
    Using 2019 Premier Windows
    I called the WF Quicken support desk ([removed]) and was told it is a Quicken problem.  I called Quicken support and was told this is a WF problem but it is being worked on. Problem caused by WF change to security for 3rd party software.
    I urge all to call both companies repeatedly to get action.  The squeaking wheel gets the oil.
  • Ken HerfertKen Herfert Member
    edited November 2018
    Ed said:

As of this AM, only 1 of my WFB accounts is updating.  Quicken/Express Web Connect is once again ignoring the other WFB linked accounts.  I can't tell you how many times over the years I've disconnected and then re-linked WFB accounts. This is a continuing problem.  Quicken - when can we expect a better solution?  Resorting to manual entries once again.  Ugh.

I have exactly the same issue......all the same symptoms you noted.  No change so far..... I'll continue to deactivate and reset at the end of each month and then update my accounts.  Painful......
  • Eva KEva K Member
    edited January 21
    Ed said:

I just figured it out that I can't do the download or if I do a download it tells me its done but no data !!!!  WTF is gong on????  I wish I knew this each month so I would have done it manually but then again, isn't that why we purchased Quicken???
  • Eva KEva K Member
    edited January 21
    ar2326 said:

I deactivated the one-step update today and then reactivated it and it does now seem to be working for me.

I dectivated it but each time I go back and check it, it says it's still on!!!!
  • I've tried deactivating & activating multiple times. It works when I first set it up. After that, only my savings account works, the checking accounts do not.

This has been going on for MONTHS now, when can we expect a fix???????