How do you change the password vault comments (i.e. Where are they)?

When you print out (also at Manage Passwords) the passwords in your Password Vault, there are a bunch of comments associated with the Account.

Where does Quicken get these comments - i.e. how do I change or update them (honestly don't remember entering them, or when).

ron in round rock

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Not sure what you are seeing.  I just printed out the PV and basically have two columns: Institution and password.  I see no comments associated. If they don't match up to a specific financial institution, they may have been entered in error.  They cannot get there any other way than manual entry.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20
    Ron,
    without giving away any personal information, can you show us what you are seeing?

Can
    you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window
    showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect
    your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s)
    here?

The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to
    capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the
    image.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.

To attach the image here, start composing your reply. At the bottom of the text
    entry window on the webpage you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I U
    S

Click the camera icon (not the video camera icon). It will allow you to select
    and upload the captured image file from your computer. The captured image will
    be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.
  • edited January 22
    UKR,

OK, here is a Snip from the Tools>One-Step Update>Manage Passwords - and my question is about the yellow highlighted line (Quicken did that, not me) in the Smip/clip - where did/does that come from.

This is the only Snip I could find that didn't have a lot of personal data in it.  For instance, with a Schwab account, the yellow highlighted line lists the various Account numbers for my Schwab accounts.  Not so important in this Snip, but the same information prints out when I print out a list of my passwords.

To be honest, I don't remember entering any of this information and it doesn't match any of the information in my individual Account setups -  and actually it almost looks like it is coming from the bank - like listing all of the accounts accessible from this account ID.

Now that I notice it, they "all" say "Access to" followed by a list of the accounts.  This is the only one that doesn't have any Account #'s associated with it.  But also let me note that "Access to" "Account names and numbers" - the Account names and numbers match exactly the Name I have on each Account - so maybe this is just a Quicken feature that somehow knows the accounts that I have access to via this single Account sign-on - again, guessing now, that Quicken is involved in this somehow, as opposed to me.  (OK, hope that wasn't too confusing.

Still interested in where this is coming from (maybe even the yellow highlighting means something - like this is Quicken generated.

ron in round rock

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22

UKR,

OK, here is a Snip from the Tools>One-Step Update>Manage Passwords - and my question is about the yellow highlighted line (Quicken did that, not me) in the Smip/clip - where did/does that come from.

This is the only Snip I could find that didn't have a lot of personal data in it.  For instance, with a Schwab account, the yellow highlighted line lists the various Account numbers for my Schwab accounts.  Not so important in this Snip, but the same information prints out when I print out a list of my passwords.

To be honest, I don't remember entering any of this information and it doesn't match any of the information in my individual Account setups -  and actually it almost looks like it is coming from the bank - like listing all of the accounts accessible from this account ID.

Now that I notice it, they "all" say "Access to" followed by a list of the accounts.  This is the only one that doesn't have any Account #'s associated with it.  But also let me note that "Access to" "Account names and numbers" - the Account names and numbers match exactly the Name I have on each Account - so maybe this is just a Quicken feature that somehow knows the accounts that I have access to via this single Account sign-on - again, guessing now, that Quicken is involved in this somehow, as opposed to me.  (OK, hope that wasn't too confusing.

Still interested in where this is coming from (maybe even the yellow highlighting means something - like this is Quicken generated.

ron in round rock

Quicken just generates a comment which lists all the account names that are activated for downloading from this bank and the selected logon ID.
    So, in the Edit Passwords dialog of your snip, there should be a grey line where you clicked on the logon ID of a bank. The yellow line lets you know the names of all the account registers that are currently activated for downloading using this logon ID.
    Ditto for the printed report.
    Nothing special about it, but you may find a surprise: an old, hidden, long forgotten account register that's still listed because it's still activated for downloading.
  • edited January 22
    OK, UKR - thanks for the verification.

Yes, I finally figured out that Quicken was responsible for that comment -- and I don't even know how quicken figured out how those accounts were associated with that particular login.

Oh wait, yes I do know, probably.  When I set up a new account, I log in to Schwab, for instance, with my main master account ID and password -- and down comes a list of accounts that are available for me to set  up and download from -- and I guess Quicken remembers all of that stuff (damn smart Quicken, I guess).

OK, mystery solved.  I can do nothing about the comment -- and in fact it is rather nice to have that information - except it kind of messes up the nice printed report available at the vault for a listing hardcopy listing of the passwords.

Thanks for the interest and help.

Would mark your last comment as SOLVED, if I knew how - maybe you can do that for me.

ron in round tock

This discussion has been closed.