We don’t recommend Quicken for Mac

Diane CarterDiane Carter Member
edited January 28 in Before you Buy
I do not recommend Quicken for Mac. We upgraded our main computer to aNac 2 years ago and I hated that format. We now both use the windows version as we previously had been using for 15 years. We are very disappointed in the Mac version. Both of us couldn’t be users with this program. We recommend DO NOT purchase for Mac

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Hello Diane!

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to provide this feedback.

Are you able to include any specific details as to what you didn't like or found difficult about the Mac version?

Was there any specific feature that you needed that was missing?

Let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • I'm not sure of Diane's details, but I am a long time Quicken user for Windows and recently got an iMac and downloaded Quicken 2019.  My "details" revolved around the difficulty in using/entering data into the register.  I searched support, community, etc. trying to find information about the settings for manually entering information into the register to make it easier to use; specifically data entry and quickfill, (enter key between fields, complete fields using previous entries, recall memorized payees, automatically memorize new, etc.)  I can enter about 8 transactions/minute in my 2012 windows version, but found it quite cumbersome in the Mac version, so I requested and received a refund.  If I am missing something, please let me know, because I would really like to use this program on my Mac, even if it is an older version.  What I use Quicken for does not require that it be the latest version.

Respectfully, 

David
  • FredAMertzFredAMertz Unconfirmed, Member
    edited February 3
    How about the fact that the reports are limited in nature and you still can't select to include or exclude transfers from account reports or budgets?

(Sarcasm Redacted)
This discussion has been closed.