Why do you continue to waste my ink by printing the stub of wallet checks?

I have no reason to print the information from my check onto the stub of my wallet checks.  Maybe others do, so why not make it so that we can choose as to whether or not the stub prints?  Your program memorializes all of the information from the check, so why do I need a printed stub?  I'm sure the printer manufacturers appreciate everything you do for their benefit.  This has been a pet peeve of mine since you came out with Quicken.  At least make it optional.

Comments

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Hello Mike. Appreciate your question.

Which version of Quicken are you using: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Mike WeinraubMike Weinraub Member
    edited January 23
    I upgrade every time you tell me that I have to.  I believe the version I am currently using is 2016.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23

I upgrade every time you tell me that I have to.  I believe the version I am currently using is 2016.

If you followed the link that Q Harold provided ... there's a LOT more info being requested there.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
    edited January 23

I have been asking customer service to make this optional for years and my requests have been ignored (at least up to the 2016 version and any updates).  My Quicken is the US Windows version purchased and downloaded right from the company, updated automatically.  Unless this has changed in recent yearly updates, it really shouldn't matter about the program specifics because the program automatically prints the wallet check stubs and customer service has given me no indication that Intuit plans to change this.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23

Still haven't answered the questions asked.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    This post should be converted to an Idea. I would vote for it.

The versions of QWin and OS are irrelevant; it's been like this forever.

All we'd like is a user preference NOT to print the stubs on wallet checks. I have no use for the stubs so it's a waste of ink.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro x64.
    edited January 23
    Finally, someone who gets it!
This discussion has been closed.