memorized payees

Product Improvement Suggestion Re: Memorized Payee Transactions

I would like to see Quicken revert to an earlier feature in which the most recent payee payment automatically populated the "payment" field in the check register for payments to a memorized payee.  Currently (and for several recent past versions of Quicken), the "payment" field is populated with whatever amount was associated with that memorized payee at the time the current version of Quicken was installed.  Often times, I have recurrent amounts that get changed once or twice a year.  It would be nice to have the most recent amount automatically populated in the "payment" field instead of having to manually insert that amount in my "memorized payee" list.
Tagged:

Comments

• Dan BensonDan Benson Member
    edited January 23
     I have requested the old feature of showing the last amount for the payee be re-instated but have not received an answer for over 5 years.  I use 2019 Quicken Premier on a PC.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5

I have requested the old feature of showing the last amount for the payee be re-instated but have not received an answer for over 5 years.  I use 2019 Quicken Premier on a PC.

Please see this answer for instructions on getting the memorized payee functionality you are asking for:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/19969579#Comment_19969579

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • WingingWayneWingingWayne Unconfirmed, Member
    Is there a similar solution for Mac users?  I don't have the same preference options.
    Is there a similar solution for Mac users?  I don't have the same preference options.
    Wayne, you should start a new question. Be sure to choose a Mac category. 
  • I looked at the referenced link.  It appears to relate to memorizing new payees.  My issue relates to autofilling the most recent prior payments to existing payees.  In the "data entry" field of "preferences" I have "checked" for a long time the line that reads 
    "Complete fields using previous entries", but this does not seem to accomplish what I want to do.

Any other thoughts?
    I looked at the referenced link.  It appears to relate to memorizing new payees.  My issue relates to autofilling the most recent prior payments to existing payees.  In the "data entry" field of "preferences" I have "checked" for a long time the line that reads 
    "Complete fields using previous entries", but this does not seem to accomplish what I want to do.

Any other thoughts?

The preferences you want to have checked are:

Complete fields using previous entries 

Recall Memorized Payees 

Automatically memorize new payees

This discussion has been closed.