Renewal Ripoff

I just purchased the upgrade to Quicken 2019 about 6 weeks ago.  Now they invalidated my subscription and forced me to renew again now before I could get access.  Why do I have to renew now when I just paid to upgrade to 2019 6 weeks ago?  ALSO - i tried to reactivate my subscription after being extorted to renew early, and it STILL won't let me reactivate.  When I go to check my subscription status thru Quicken as the instructions state, it says I'm current.  When I click renew, it says I'm good, check back a year from now.  Yet, it still blocks me from using app, and tells me I have to renew,  Idiots.

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    We are just other users and moderators here on this forum and can't answer/fix you subscription issue.

You need to contact Quicken support: Quicken Support 
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Craig BoothCraig Booth Member
    edited January 2
    Then I'm confused, because I've seen other posts on here where official support reps have responded.
  • Connie BrownConnie Brown Member
    edited December 2018

Then I'm confused, because I've seen other posts on here where official support reps have responded.

Yes, they sometime jump into a conversation.

As splasher states you are better off contacting Quicken Support directly with this issue for a resolution.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

I'm not sure there will be any mods on duty today.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
    edited December 2018

It doesn't matter if a mod is on duty today or not, they can not make any changes in the subscription/activation process. 

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1
    Hello Craig,

My name is Sarah and I am a Moderator in the Quicken Community and an Official Representative of the Quicken Support Teams.  I appreciate your taking the time to share the details of this issue with us and sincerely apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I've taken the liberty of reviewing your account information and can see where the subscription was auto-renewed successfully for one year on 11/24/18 and then a second manual renewal order placed on 12/25/18 which has extended your current subscription terms until 11/24/2020.  

The prompt to renew in December, after the successful auto-renewal is definitely a system error that should not have happened. I have forwarded this matter to our Senior Leadership staff and web store teams to investigate further and resolve and again appreciate your bringing this matter to our attention.

I will be sending you an email from our internal support system shortly with more details, but please let me know if you do not receive my email or have any additional questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • MilesMiles Member
    edited January 1

Hello Craig,

My name is Sarah and I am a Moderator in the Quicken Community and an Official Representative of the Quicken Support Teams.  I appreciate your taking the time to share the details of this issue with us and sincerely apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I've taken the liberty of reviewing your account information and can see where the subscription was auto-renewed successfully for one year on 11/24/18 and then a second manual renewal order placed on 12/25/18 which has extended your current subscription terms until 11/24/2020.  

The prompt to renew in December, after the successful auto-renewal is definitely a system error that should not have happened. I have forwarded this matter to our Senior Leadership staff and web store teams to investigate further and resolve and again appreciate your bringing this matter to our attention.

I will be sending you an email from our internal support system shortly with more details, but please let me know if you do not receive my email or have any additional questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah

Looks like I have the same issue. My account auto-renewed in November, but I got a message to renew today - which I did. Now, even though I'm paid up for two years the windows app still won't let me in, telling me I'm expired. The message says to use the Help menu, Check membership status option to reactivate, but that option is not there on the help menu for me.
  • Alpesh PatelAlpesh Patel Member
    edited January 2

Hi, 

I have been a loyal customer of Quicken since about 1999. However, recently they have started messing up by not supporting RSU tracking easily and now they have moved to subscription model. I have signed up for Personal Capital. You may want to check it out. 

Regards, 
  • edited January 21
    Same issue here. The My Account info on Quicken.com shows that I purchased the Deluxe 2019 renewal on December 31, and again today on January 21. Do I really need all the bells and whistles that Quicken has been adding? No, I just need a reliable way to exchange information with my credit card banks. Time to look for a non-proprietary solution, perhaps.
  • pbug56pbug56 Member
    edited January 24
    I don't know what's going on with your account - you need to reach out to Quicken for that, but for the millionth time that many of us have said this, if you shop around for the version you want, you can get subscriptions where the length is longer and the annual cost low enough that it's not noticeably higher then it used to be.  Quicken as a company changed how it prices its service, and it has the right to do so.  Being smart about it, many of us actually find this better and a lot easier.
  • edited January 22
    pbug56 said:

I don't know what's going on with your account - you need to reach out to Quicken for that, but for the millionth time that many of us have said this, if you shop around for the version you want, you can get subscriptions where the length is longer and the annual cost low enough that it's not noticeably higher then it used to be.  Quicken as a company changed how it prices its service, and it has the right to do so.  Being smart about it, many of us actually find this better and a lot easier.

Agreeing that Quicken provides a unique service thanks to the effort they have made to build exclusive links with financial institutions. We are trying to comply and have paid our fee, and are still being refused access. As to reaching out to Quicken ... Where can I do that, except through this support site?
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    pbug56 said:

Quicken support: Quicken Support
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • edited January 22
    pbug56 said:

Appreciated. On 23 minute hold now for a chat session.
  • MilesMiles Member
    edited January 22
    pbug56 said:

I finally was able to get in. I had to move my quicken data file so when I launch quicken it would start a new file - I then created a new file which allowed me to login to my account and the status was updated. Then I moved my actual file back and was able to load it.
  • edited January 22
    pbug56 said:

Excellent hack, Miles, thank you! Worked for me, also ... So, not my account, just something about their licensing model going askew. I still need a refund for the second time I tried to renew.
  • Steve CannonSteve Cannon Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    pbug56 said:

I am once again reminded why I never let things auto-renew.  I'm sure if you have a manual renewal that you will get either an email that your subscription is about to expire or Quicken will let you know.
    Windows 7 - Quicken Home, Business, and Rental Property
    edited January 22
    pbug56 said:

You should have been able to do to:
    Edit->Preferences->Quicken Id , then click on Sign on as different user  (use the same Quicken Id)
    Be sure to select the correct Use or Don't Use QMobile choice.

• pbug56pbug56 Member
    edited January 22
    pbug56 said:

Quicken emails you when the subscription is about to expire.
  • MothfisherMothfisher Member
    edited January 24
    pbug56 said:

I have the same issue. I auto renewed in December, and now am getting a warning that I need to renew. I did renew the second time but trying to get rid of the warning in the header
    edited January 24
    pbug56 said:

@Mothfisher ; Can't help you if you do not try what has been suggested and report that it did not fix your issue.

• MothfisherMothfisher Member
    edited January 24
    pbug56 said:

Splasher - I am not sure what you mean by "can't help you if you do not try what has been suggested"! I tried everything that was suggested above. 

I called Quicken and Support got me to download the program again, then reinstall and it did not fix the problem. The support person was surprised that this did not fix it as it had been the fix for other users with supposedly the same problem!

Then he put me on hold for a lengthy time and found that there is a repair patch for the program. Installed and ran the patch and it cleared up the problem.

I am running the Canadian version of Quicken. My problem is solved now. Also I took the auto renew off. I can deal with this at the time when my renewal is due!

Just as an aside, I have noticed that  quite often when an update comes through there are glitches/issues in the program that I end up having to deal with!
  • edited January 24
    pbug56 said:

@Mothfisher, check out the hack that @Miles posted above. It worked for me!