Home Quicken for Mac Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

When I go to "update" my accounts on quicken, the app crashes , just spins, Quicken "not responding"

UnknownUnknown Member
I open my data file and go to "update" the accounts. I click on the update button, it spins like it is doing something.  Eventually I have to force quit and then it sends an error message to Apple. Since I last opened it, i did upgrade to MacOS Mojave.  Support is closed for the weekend and the holdiay on Monday.... really need to deal with this.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    phone support is closed on weekends but chat support is available 24/7. See here:
    The ONLY Official Quicken Support can be reached for FREE via chat or phone.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Christine, what version of Quicken are you using?
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Thanks--2019. I did chat with someone last night on Quicken support but they weren't able to help me.  He suggested I call on Tuesday so I wil do that.... very frustrating.

edited January 2019
    Christine, here's one quick suggestion to try: instead of trying to update all accounts, see what happens if you update your accounts individually. (From the Accounts menu, select Update Selected Online Account.) This might enable you to isolate that the freeze happens on a particular account or financial institution, and if so, that will help devise the next steps for troubleshooting.
    edited January 2019

Thanks--2019. I did chat with someone last night on Quicken support but they weren't able to help me.  He suggested I call on Tuesday so I wil do that.... very frustrating.

I know you said you wanted to get this resolved quickly, but if it's of any consolation: one plus of using phone support is that you can invite the representative to view your screen. (Unlike some shady third-party companies which can takeover your machine and do who-knows-what to it, Quicken reps can only see, not control.) This often makes it easier than typing descriptions and long time lags with chat support.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I did try that yesterday but no dice.  I will try again today and see if something has changed.  Thanks for helping!
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2019

That is what I was hoping for. I have resigned myself that there will be a solution, I have not lost any data, and I am a little behind in my financial management due to spending a lot of time traveling over the holidays with family, but it will get resolved before I need to do my taxes...so I am taking the long view.  Your information provides even more assurance.  Thank you.
  • MargaretMargaret Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Christine, try this (unless you must have quicken running via the mobile app or access via the website) - go under Preferences then Mobile, Web & Alerts, then toggle off Mobile sync. I spent a massive amount of time with quicken support without success and then hit on this myself. 

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Thanks Margaret....I will give it a whirl!!

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

SPAM removed
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • MargaretMargaret Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Christine, did it work?

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Unfortunately no. It was already toggled off. I need to call them--it's just been a busy week unfortunately and I haven't had a chance.