Not resolved: RESOLVED 12/19/18: Previously cleared transactions appearing as "new" in Quicken for W

The second issue with old transactions re-appearing in Compare to Register window. Running the latest Mondo patch of Quicken R17.6 (27.1.17.6), from 10 January 2019.  The issue remains, for example, updating Bank of America linked accounts.

Comments

• Dan MelamedDan Melamed Member
    edited January 11
    I agree--not resolved. A One-Step Update yields hundreds of old transactions supposedly not cleared.

I note that the latest patch appeared to be unchanged from a couple of weeks ago--at least its version number is the same.
  • Paul RauPaul Rau Member
    edited January 14
    Agreed.  Not resolved even with Jan-10 patch.
  • CyndiCyndi Member
    edited January 14
    Agreed. Not fixed, even with a new install of Quicken and running the latest patch.
    edited January 15
    May we please hear from Quicken about this? Thanks.
  • dbdb Member
    edited January 15
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Moving to merge.

Just installed the latest update (R17.6) and did a One Step Update. This update did NOT fix the issue where transactions are being deleted from my register. I get the same results as before. I'm very disappointed with the way Quicken is handling this. Is it possible to fallback to the 2018 version of Quicken?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Old, reconciled transactions being downloaded again from Capital One.
  • dbdb Member
    edited January 15

Just received a notification from Quicken Sarah in the "Resolved 12/19/18:Previously cleared transactions appearing as "new" in Quicken for Windows 2019" thread indicating the latest patch R17, Build 27.1.17.6 has resolved the transaction deletion/New transaction issue. I just tried it out and it does not fix the issue. I still had transactions being deleted from my accounts and then appearing as NEW when I do a One Step Update. I am losing patience with Quicken and may begin to consider an alternative application. Quicken needs to get their act together.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Old, reconciled transactions being downloaded again from Capital One.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Merging.

Hi @ db ,

When you Deactivated and Set up Now for Online Services for Express Web Connect Connections, it will always download some 90 days of past transactions.

And when you Reconcile your Register monthly, it will change the c in Cleared Transactions to R for Reconciled.

After you Reconcile the Transactions, any old Transactions, that get downloaded via Express Web Connect Protocol again, are labeled as New by Quicken.

I haven't had Quicken on its own, delete any of my Transactions.

What is your Connection method for the Registers, you are noticing that Quicken deletes Transactions in?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Moving to merge.
  • dbdb Member
    edited January 15

I did not setup for Express Web Connect Connections. All my data is stored locally on my server, not in the cloud. Prior to the 2019 version I was having no problems with One Step Update. It would get the transactions from the bank and I would accept them. Quicken would then mark them as 'c'leared.

After the 2019 release, when I did the One Step Update, old transactions would be deleted from my account and then they would appear in the transaction download as New. Luckily I had a backup prior to 2019 so I was able to restore my data. Every time Quicken released a patch I tried it and got the same results.

edited January 15

Hi @ db ,

What is your connection method listed in Account Overview? For the Registers being affected?

Have you tried running Quicken with your Quicken Data located here:
    G:\My Documents\Quicken instead of on your Server?

My Documents is stored on a separate partition instead of on the same partition as the operating system's partition, thus making restoring the operating system, a snap using Acronis True Image. Don't need to worry about losing My Documents.

In other words, run Quicken with its Data Folder located within the Computer, itself, not on a server.

• dbdb Member
    edited January 15

All the accounts affected are "Direct Connect"
    My server is the main PC.
    Both the Quicken application and the data file are on:
    C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Quicken\
    I also use Acronis for PC backups.
    So, yes, I am already running everything locally.

edited January 15

Hi @ db ,

My Main Account is also Direct Connect to my Bank and have not noticed any lost of Transactions.

Do you have a large Hard Drive that can be partitioned?

Mine:

As I have more than one operating system and can only use One operating system, at a time, I moved My Documents to its own partition, not part of any operating system, so if the operating system crashes and needs to be restored, I don't need to worry about losing any documents.

Plus I have multiple copies of My Documents Folders, having more than one computer.

My Email Store Folder is located in its own partition as well. I lose nothing. :)

• dbdb Member
    edited January 15

I appreciate all the information you have provided. My background is in software and system development. I know the challenges of build releases, especially when its a major one.
    I was having no problems with Quicken until the 2019 release was put out. Since then the problems I've discussed have occurred with both patch releases.
    What I might do is blow away Quicken and re-install it. Not sure it will help, but you never know what remnants may still exist from previous versions.
    Again, thank you for your help. If you do work for Quicken, I suggest this issue gets elevated to a higher level.

• lambda379lambda379 Member
    edited January 15
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Previously reconciled transactions downloaded over and over!.

One Step transactions are downloaded over and over.  I reconcile all my transactions then close Quicken.  I check the Task Manager and Quicken has stopped.  I reopen Quicken and One Step downloads the same transactions that I just reconciled!  Happens with all accounts.  This has been happening since the beginning of December.  The latest build 27.1.17.6 does not fix the problem even though the build description says it does.

My info:
    Quicken Deluxe 2019 27.1.17.6 - Downloaded
    No Scheduled Updates
    Direct Connect and Express Web Connect
    Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 OS Build 17763.195
    8 GB Ram
    FIOS  100/100 Mbps
  • Bob_LBob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15

Having no problems so wonder, are you syncing with mobile (I am not)

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Previously reconciled transactions downloaded over and over!.
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Pro
  • lambda379lambda379 Member
    edited January 15

I do not sync with mobile.  I stopped to eliminate that from the equation.  Also when I complete OneStep two different accounts download fictitious transactions.  I look at those account through their individual sites and those transactions aren't there and shouldn't be there!

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Previously reconciled transactions downloaded over and over!.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report that this issue is not resolved with the R17.6 update for you and I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I have tested and so far am not able to duplicate this behavior in my copy of Quicken and data file, however I have re-opened the ticket with the Development teams for this issue to be further investigated.

If you are still experiencing previously reconciled transactions appearing as "new" in Quicken for Windows 2019 and would be willing to submit diagnostic log files, including a sanitized copy of your data file to our Product teams for further investigation and debug of this issue, please open Quicken and go to the Help menu > Report a Problem.

In the Report a Problem window, please enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line, in the comments section enter: QWIN-14686, check mark the boxes for every log file listed, including the sanitized data file copy and when ready 'Send to Quicken".

Sanitizing a data file will remove all personally identifiable information from the file, including all Financial Institution information, including login credentials and obfuscates the transaction data to ensure your privacy remains intact.

Once submitted, please reply to this post to let us know so the information may be retrieved from the system.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • dbdb Member
    edited January 15

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report that this issue is not resolved with the R17.6 update for you and I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I have tested and so far am not able to duplicate this behavior in my copy of Quicken and data file, however I have re-opened the ticket with the Development teams for this issue to be further investigated.

If you are still experiencing previously reconciled transactions appearing as "new" in Quicken for Windows 2019 and would be willing to submit diagnostic log files, including a sanitized copy of your data file to our Product teams for further investigation and debug of this issue, please open Quicken and go to the Help menu > Report a Problem.

In the Report a Problem window, please enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line, in the comments section enter: QWIN-14686, check mark the boxes for every log file listed, including the sanitized data file copy and when ready 'Send to Quicken".

Sanitizing a data file will remove all personally identifiable information from the file, including all Financial Institution information, including login credentials and obfuscates the transaction data to ensure your privacy remains intact.

Once submitted, please reply to this post to let us know so the information may be retrieved from the system.

Thank you,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,
    I'm willing to submit a problem report with sanitized data. If you wish I can submit two problem reports, one before One Step Update and one after. Let me know. Don
  • David BaderDavid Bader Member
    edited January 15

Hello All,

Thank you,

Sarah

Sarah, I've Reported a Problem and submitted my sanitized data and log files. 
    edited January 15

Hello All,

Thank you,

Sarah

Hello db,

One before and another after the One Step Update would be perfect and thank you so much for your willingness to help investigate this issue further.

Sarah
    edited January 15

Hello All,

Thank you,

Sarah

Hello David Bader,

Perfect, thank you so much!  I've located the submissions and have added them to the ticket with Development. 

Sarah
  • dbdb Member
    edited January 15

Hello All,

Thank you,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,
    I've submitted two problem reports (before and after). Hope this helps.
    Don
    edited January 15

Hello All,

Thank you,

Sarah

Thanks Don!
    edited January 25
    It would be great to hear from Quicken how work on this problem is going. Thanks.
  • CyndiCyndi Member
    If Quicken doesn't get this corrected soon, I will not be renewing my subscription.  It takes way too much time to go into each account and trigger an update!  I am very disappointed.
  • Now would be a very good time to hear from Quicken about this.
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you to all who submitted their log files and information to help debug this issue.  

A new solution for this issue is included in the R18.14 release for Quicken Windows 2018/19 subscription products.  If you have not yet installed the 18.14 release, please visit https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to download and install the Mondo Patch.

Once updated to the latest version, if issues persist, please create a new post detailing the issues.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.