Muliple savings account at same bank - QMac sees as same account

I am trying to setup QMac for the first time.  While trying to import QFX files for two different savings account at the same Credit Union, Quicken puts both sets of transactions in to the same account.

My Credit Union says it's a Quicken issue and that when they examined my account's QFX file, it shows the accounts to be different.  When I viewed the data in the QFX file, I saw nothing different in the numbers between the files for the two different accounts.

Quicken Support says it's a problem with my Credit Union's QFX file.

Any input is appreciated.  Thanks.

Comments

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25
    I'm not a QFX file format expert, but I think if you examine the files in a text editor and the portion that has the account info is identical, then I'd say it's your CU's fault.

You might try modifying that section in a text editor and then importing. You should work with copies of the files and a copy of your Quicken file in case things go awry.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • TonyTony Member
    edited January 25
    When I use a text file viewer to look at the two different files, the identification portions read the same.  The credit union people insist that they indicate two different accounts.

I don't want to be forced to modify the QFX file every month when I reconcile, so that doesn't seem to be an option I want to take.
  • Tony CoganTony Cogan Member
    edited January 25
    Tony said:

When I use a text file viewer to look at the two different files, the identification portions read the same.  The credit union people insist that they indicate two different accounts.

I don't want to be forced to modify the QFX file every month when I reconcile, so that doesn't seem to be an option I want to take.

I did call the Support number. The Quicken rep told me it is my credit union’s problem. Her only “solution “ was to create a second Quicken account to manage the second savings account.
This discussion has been closed.