Sync the same quiken file on desktop and laptop computers

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser
    edited January 26
    I'm guessing that you were trying to do a search of the forum and somehow saved this as a question which it definitely isn't.

Please start again and provide a complete description of your problem/question, the version of Quicken (US or Cdn) you are using and the OS of your computer.

With the added information, someone just might be able to help you.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• GLKNYGLKNY Member
    edited September 2018
    splasher said:

I'm guessing that you were trying to do a search of the forum and somehow saved this as a question which it definitely isn't.

Please start again and provide a complete description of your problem/question, the version of Quicken (US or Cdn) you are using and the OS of your computer.

I came across this entry when I was searching in "getsatisfaction"   I am interested in syncing a Quicken file from my desktop to a laptop.  I am using Quicken Deluxe 2018 R12.15 on both. Windows 10.  Is there a way to sync, because I'm tired of  backing up and restoring to each device?
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser
    edited September 2018
    splasher said:

No, there is no way to sync a Quicken data file between 2 computers. The easiest way is to backup/restore to a cloud drive.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • splashersplasher SuperUser
    edited September 2018
    splasher said:

You could also just move a copy of the data file itself rather than doing a backup/restore to do the move.  Still do backups for safe keeping.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Tom BentonTom Benton Member
    edited January 26
    I have different data on my laptop and Desktop. Have doen a one step update. Do not want to restore as their are misiing transactions on both machines??? Even accounts added recently only show on Laptop....cornfused can anybody help?
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser
    edited January 27
    You will need to decide which data file is the most up-to-date and use that one going forward.  The best way to maintain two or more Quicken access points is to backup from the main and restore to the secondary.  Only update the main and use the secondary for "read-only" access.  Any other way and you will end up again out of sync.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Home version 1809
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator
    edited January 26

I have different data on my laptop and Desktop. Have doen a one step update. Do not want to restore as their are misiing transactions on both machines??? Even accounts added recently only show on Laptop....cornfused can anybody help?

Off topic, creating a new thread.

Please reference the new conversation here: Missing Data-Qwin
    -Quicken Tyka
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator
    edited January 26
    GeoffG said:

You will need to decide which data file is the most up-to-date and use that one going forward.  The best way to maintain two or more Quicken access points is to backup from the main and restore to the secondary.  Only update the main and use the secondary for "read-only" access.  Any other way and you will end up again out of sync.

Merging

Please reference the new conversation here: merging
    -Quicken Tyka