Can I access Quicken 2019 simultaneously with separate files from two computers?

I am currently running Quicken 2016 Deluxe on two separate computers (Windows 7 and Windows 10) in two different locations (Florida and Ohio) with separate Quicken data files.  It looks like I'll have to buy a Quicken 2019 Deluxe subscription.  I assume I'll keep two separate data files (sets of accounts) in the cloud.  Will I be able to access them from different locations each accessing only one of the separate data files but at the same time?

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser
    edited January 26
    Nothing changes in how you have described it under subscription Quicken (2018+), except that there is only one Quicken Id associated with a Quicken subscription and therefore anything dealing with QMobile/Q-Web will be accessible by all users involved.  There can only be one credit score followed.

Since you have not really described how the two locations are using Quicken or if there is any interaction between the two locations, it is not possible to say how much this will affect your usage.

If you provide more details, someone can shed some light on how it might be affected.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser
    edited January 26
    Why do you think you'll keep two separate data files (sets of accounts) in the cloud with Quicken 2019 Deluxe? Nothing changes with Quicken 2019 Deluxe as far as the Quicken data file location.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • edited January 26
    Thanks to both of you for the quick response.  You point out a part of my confusion with Quicken 2019 (subscription).  Does this mean that the Quicken Data File (set of accounts) is resident on the device accessing the Quicken web site (where the Quicken program resides) and not necessarily on the Quicken web site?
  • splashersplasher SuperUser
    edited January 26

Thanks to both of you for the quick response.  You point out a part of my confusion with Quicken 2019 (subscription).  Does this mean that the Quicken Data File (set of accounts) is resident on the device accessing the Quicken web site (where the Quicken program resides) and not necessarily on the Quicken web site?

Where your data file is has not changed, it is still a local file on your computer.  Back in 2013, Quicken came out with QMobile (added Q-Web in 2019) where you can select accounts in your data file and have it synced to a Quicken Cloud Account (QCA) which allows you to display and manipulate the transactions in those accounts via QMobile (Android & iOS) or Q-Web (app.quicken.com).  You need to sync any changes made via QMobile back to the desktop data file to keep it up-to-date, but the "master" copy of the data file is still on the local computer.

The original data is still on your computer, just those accounts selected are "mirrored" in the QCA.

There used to be Quicken Backup, that that was just a backup service to cloud storage and now Quicken provides a connection to Dropbox for that backup service.

Now, you still have not described the relationship of the data files at the two different locations so that we can advise you better.  Is one of them yours and the other a different family member?  Are you running two separate businesses?  Until you give us more info, I give up since I refuse to play twenty questions trying to help you.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• edited January 26

The other location is, indeed another family member's and that person's data.  Sorry to be cryptic with you.  I believe I've had my question answered and thank everyone for their responses.