Upgrading from 2017 to 2019 Quick Deluxe Membership failing on Highend Laptop

I have been a longtime Quicken user.  My current laptop is a very highend Dell XPS 15 with a 4k touch screen.  I have been running Quicken 2017 using the HiResFix for 3 1/2 years. 

Today I spent an 1 1/2 chatting with support after upgrading to Quicken 2019 Deluxe Membership (1yr) and it first uninstalled 2017 and then proceeded to fail the install, saying my laptop did not have enough Hardware to run their software.  Mind you I have been running 2017 for 3+ years.

In my eyes Quicken has lost sight on Customer Service.  Hi Resolution Displays have been around for almost 4 years now, and are pretty common.  So I find it completely unacceptable, that I'm now stuck at version 2017.

I would like to hear from someone at Quicken to explain how they can be this far behind in supporting computers that have 4k displays.  I tried to get the issue escalated and that got shot down with "Do you have your original software to re-install?"  Really, I was probably on 2014 or 2015 when I first installed in this laptop and upgraded to 2015,2016 and 2017.  Doubt I could find the disk if I tried.  I asked for a link to download, and got no help there. 

So went looking and found the "Uninstaller" didn't really remove the software, it just removed the shortcuts and OS registry entry.  So I recreated the shortcut and got 2017 back on my own. No real help from Quicken. 

If this is what we can come to expect from Quicken, then I see them having alot of issues down the road, which I'm sorry to see happen.

If someone from Quicken reads these posts, I would love an answer as to what you are doing to correct this very short-sited issue?

Regards
John

Comments