Cannot connect to Bank of America

Getting http-400 error message when trying to connect to Bank of America. I had been using Banktivity app on my Mac with absolutely no problems. I decided to go back to Quicken as I had used it for years on my Windows computers. After using the latest version (5.9.2) with no problems all of a sudden I cannot connect to Bank of America, I can log in on their website and also on the Banktivity app. After spending 1 1/2 hrs on the phone w/tech support yesterday it was working but this morning I get the same error message again. Since other apps and the banks website let me log in I must assume it's a Quicken problem.

Comments

• Neal AbreuNeal Abreu Member
    edited January 17
    I am using Quicken for Mac, 5.9.2, and have had numerous problems downloading from Bank of America for the past several weeks.  I have a checking, savings and credit card with BofA and in the past the data from each of the accounts downloaded seamlessly.  Now I consistently get error messages.  Sometimes Quicken tells me that it cannot connect with BofA, but despite that one or 2 of the accounts will download properly, but the third will not.  I often have to deactivate download and reinstall to get things to work.  Each time it seems like a new adventure.  
  • edited January 26
    it's definitely a Quicken problem as all my other accounts download perfectly and I can connect with Bank of America in the Banktivity app which is what I used before Quicken on my Mac.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24

it's definitely a Quicken problem as all my other accounts download perfectly and I can connect with Bank of America in the Banktivity app which is what I used before Quicken on my Mac.

Hello Arnie Goldstein,

Welcome to the Quicken Community!  We appreciate your taking the time to report this issue to us and apologize for any inconvenience.

Does the 400 error occur when sending Bill Payment instructions or when attempting to download new transactions from Bank of America?

If the error occurs when sending Bill Payment instructions, how many characters is in the Online Payees name?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • edited January 24

when sending an online payment that has nine (9) characters including spaces. 
  • Neal AbreuNeal Abreu Member
    edited January 26

I am having problems downloading transactions from Bank of America. I have a savings account, a checking account and a credit card account with B of A. In the past, all three would download into Quicken. For the past several weeks, it has not worked. For example, I got this error message "An error occured diuring your online banking update. Bank of America- Quicken is not responding. Please try again later (unsupported URL). Despite this message, the checking account did update, but not the other 2 accounts. I then updated the username & password on the credit card account and it then updated (but still gave me the error message I quoted above.
  • JamesRJamesR Member
    This has been occurring for me for months now!  I don't understand why Quicken doesn't understand this problem.
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7
    Hello @JamesR . Appreciate your question.

Which connection method are you using to connect to Bank of America?:
    [ ] Quicken Connect
    [ ] Direct Connect

When selecting Bank of America, have you tried clicking on the Options menu and choosing the correct download method and signing in?

Please let us know so that we can best assist you further.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.