Citi Cards is returning OL-295-A today.

Citi Cards is returning OL-295-A for the past 4 days.  Using the current version of Quicken Deluxe

Comments

• edited January 26
    follow up.  I contacted what I think is Quicken support. He wanted to access my laptop to look for corrupted file.  I don't like anyone accessing my financial data file. So, I used the tool to look for any corruption in the database and found none.  I then deactivated one of my two CitiBank accounts and then reactivated it. Each as two credit cards associated. The reactivated account was able to download and ironically so did the other account but only for one day.  Now I continue to receive the 295 A error for both. Does anyone have a suggestion. I'm guessing this is a server communication issue between Quicken and CitiBank although both parties are in denial.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    Hello Thomas,

Sorry, you haven't received a response yet.

I would try the steps outlined at: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-297.

This error typically has to do with the firewall or anti-virus. 

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • edited January 26
    Tyska

If this is antivirus or firewall, then why aren’t my other 10 bank accounts affected.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    Hello Thomas,

Per the article above, this can mean that the settings for the computer aren't set to accept cookies.

I would try the steps above and reboot the computer and see if the error persists.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • edited January 26
    I contacted tech support at CitiBank. She rather rudely said I could not use direct connect and then when I commented that web based was archaic technology, she hung up on me. I also saw a webpage from Quicken dated 2015 stating thay Citibank was not longer supporting direct connect. If that was the case , why hasn’t this problem occurred sooner?
  • xendarqxendarq Member
    edited January 26
    I'm in a similar boat as you; different error message but the same result: Citibank direct connect officially no longer works with Quicken.  Neither Quicken nor Citi wants to come right out and say it.  Although I'm sorry your Citi rep was rude I think she is the first person to admit the truth here.

Time to find another bank; possibly another financial management software.
  • After deactivating and reactivating several times with both of my CitiBank accounts each of which are tied to two cards,  I was able download again. Of interest when 'chatted' with a CitiBank rep she stated that direct connect WAS still available. However, both accounts are now setup by default with express web connect rather that direct connect.  I don't really need direct connect but now have encountered another issue.  One of the accounts will not update unless I go to the account separately and use update option. When looking at the password vault edit tool, the password was not memorized.  When I try to add the password, I receive this error message "CitiCard could not use the password you entered".  Odd since this password works just fine when I log into Citibank. So now I have another issue that wastes my time.  I've used Quicken since 1996 to save time!!!!!  Now it wastes time!!!!
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    xendarq said:
    Citibank direct connect officially no longer works with Quicken.  Neither Quicken nor Citi wants to come right out and say it.
    Couple of inaccuracies here. Citibank now longer offering DC is correct, but this is a Citibank issue, not a Quicken issue. If Citibank no longer chooses to offer DC, why do you think that is Quicken Inc's issue to resolve?
    To resolve your issue you need to know that there are two Citixxx listed.Citibank and Citi Cards. Citibank is for checking/savings and uses Express Web Connect EWC. Citi Cards is for credit cards and uses DC which is the best connection method. If you are using Citibanks, you need to deactivate the account and reactivate using Citi Cards, not Citibank. You should see DC as the Transaction Download type under Account list.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1809
  • ... this is a Citibank issue, not a Quicken issue. If Citibank no longer chooses to offer DC, why do you think that is Quicken Inc's issue to resolve?
    That's an odd perspective.  Quicken has far more leverage with Citi to address this issue on behalf of their customers than any one person individually.  I get that Quicken isn't interested in or capable of spending the time to work with Citi on a solution, but that doesn't absolve Quicken of all responsibility in the matter.
  • oldandtiredoldandtired Member
    edited February 15
    Thank you for posting, I had the same problem.  All my other accounts were fine.  Citibank or citi cards did not work correctly.  I tried chatting with quicken but both times they said to de activate and the re enter my cards.  It still didn't work.  I thought customer service was polite and I really like the budget features on here, but I asked for a refund and went back to [removed].  I hope one day, quicken will be a reliable source, but for now it is [removed] forever!
  • This worked PERFECT for me.  My old account was going to Citibank.  I changed it this morning to Citi Card, and it worked great.  Easy.  Clearly Citi is still supported.   Thanks GeoffG! 

GeoffG said:
    xendarq said:
    Citibank direct connect officially no longer works with Quicken.  Neither Quicken nor Citi wants to come right out and say it.
    Couple of inaccuracies here. Citibank now longer offering DC is correct, but this is a Citibank issue, not a Quicken issue. If Citibank no longer chooses to offer DC, why do you think that is Quicken Inc's issue to resolve?
    To resolve your issue you need to know that there are two Citixxx listed.Citibank and Citi Cards. Citibank is for checking/savings and uses Express Web Connect EWC. Citi Cards is for credit cards and uses DC which is the best connection method. If you are using Citibanks, you need to deactivate the account and reactivate using Citi Cards, not Citibank. You should see DC as the Transaction Download type under Account list.