investment account action button

Shocked to have lost the "gear" icon for actions on an investment account register, but then I read that having pop-up registers (required so as to avoid the "lost focus" issue on Windows), that icon goes away.  Someone mentioned that it should be replaced by an "Action" button --but I don't believe I have this.  How can I get to the actions available in an investment account register, like adjusting share balances, etc. ?

Comments

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser
    edited January 19
    In QW2019, in the upper right corner of my pop-up investment registers, I see a menu button labeled "Actions". You don't have this? What version of Quicken are you using?
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro.
  • EmKayEmKay Member
    edited January 26
    I do not.  QW 2017 (R17.4).  In my pop-up investment register, on the left I have "Enter Transactions" and "Holdings," on the right (where I used to have the "gear" icon) I only have "Find."
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser
    edited January 19
    EmKay said:

I do not.  QW 2017 (R17.4).  In my pop-up investment register, on the left I have "Enter Transactions" and "Holdings," on the right (where I used to have the "gear" icon) I only have "Find."

Is the pop-up register wide enough to be showing every thing?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
    edited January 19
    EmKay said:

The Actions menu button appears above "Find"; the window width doesn't matter.

The latest release of QW2017 is 18.6. I suggest you update. I don't have 2017 to test, but maybe it got fixed in that later release. Download and run the Mondo patch from here:

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

• EmKayEmKay Member
    edited January 19
    EmKay said:

Thanks, but that didn't change anything, that I can see.  

Does "Check for updates" no longer work?

I really need that button back.  For "fun," I reverted from pop-up registers and saw that the hotkey for that button is CTRL-SHIFT-N.  When I went back to pop-up again -- that key combo did *not* work.
    edited January 19
    EmKay said:

"Check for updates" doesn't always work because releases are staged. While a release is paused, you won't get an update from within the program and need to download the patch manually.

Starting to run out of ideas to fix your problem.
    • Go back to normal registers.
    • Upgrade to QW2019.
    • Revert to an earlier release of QW2017 before the problem appeared. Then make sure to prevent Quicken from auto-updating. You can find prior patches here: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

• EmKayEmKay Member
    edited January 26
    EmKay said:

I was hoping this could be taken, by Quicken, as a "bug report."  It's a bug.  I shouldn't have to upgrade or revert.  They should fix this.  It eliminates paid-for functionality (as going back to "normal" registers gives me the "lost focus" problem, and is also not an acceptable resolution).  Please know I'm not complaining to you - you're trying to help - or being "difficult."  I've been a paying Q customer for decades, and the recent lack of interest in fixing issues (that they have broken) is pretty appalling.