Manually Entered Transactions Showing as Not Reviewed - Quicken Mac 2019

Transactions that I have manually entered (orange pencil icon) into my checking account and also one of my credit card accounts show up when I use a "Not Reviewed" filter.  I'm used to such manually entered transactions showing up as "Not Reviewed" when they clear the bank/credit card company but not when I first enter them.  Of course they have been reviewed since I entered them manually.  I recently upgraded to Quicken Premier for Mac 2019 from the 2016 version.  Is this odd behavior something new in 2019?

Comments

• Pat DugganPat Duggan Member
    edited January 27
    This one is a double edged sword. I agree that entering a transaction manually such as a cash transaction you want to record doesn't need re-review, but if I enter a transaction in anticipation of a check or credit card charge, I personally like to recheck it after it turns blue to see if it matches and retains any TAGs I added. I haven't yet tried using the Quicken App to enter these transactions, but I plan to try that in the future. 
  • John_in_NCJohn_in_NC SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    This is more a bug that has since been fixed since 2016 when those new icons were introduced.

No icon (blank) in the Status column=reviewed. A pencil (either blue or orange)=Not Reviewed. That is why they show up when you set the filter to Not Reviewed.

Certain Account types (such as Cash, assets, etc.) are set to "reviewed" when entered. Others, such as Checking and CC accounts are always Not Reviewed when manually entered (as you have found out.) 

There now is a setting in the Preferences where you can have transactions automatically marked as reviewed when you reconcile them.
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Yes, the behavior of the filter changed from 2016 to 2019, but I think it makes sense. It is basically telling you that any flag in the status column is not reviewed. I agree with Pat... I like those included in the filter since I use the pencil icon as a reminder to shred the receipt, etc.
  • Paul CPaul C Member
    edited January 27
    Sounds like I need to readjust what I think the reviewed vs. not reviewed flags mean.  Thanks for all the helpful replies.

This discussion has been closed.