HELP... Can't import files!

I have spent all day trying to update/import files from Wells Fargo and I can on one account but not the other.  

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    Can you explain what you mean by update/import files? These are two distinctly different processes.  You should always use OSU or Update Now from within Quicken and never need to import files from WF.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • Eva KEva K Member
    edited January 21
    I tried using OSU and the files that would update were only from Jan 01, 2019 to current...I dd not get any transactions  from 07.14.18 to 12.31.18.I
    I downloaded the missing transactions so I could manually import them and they do not show up at all.  
    I tried disabling the OSU as I saw to do that but it really doesn't give me those options as on another troubleshooting question.  
    One time it allowed me to download the transactions through OSU but it created an additional account.  
    Just gave up after honestly spending hours messing around with many options.

• Robert ArmaniRobert Armani Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    It might be easier if you login to your bank and export the transactions into Quicken from there, using the download to quicken option. Do this while your Quicken is open.
  • Eva KEva K Member
    edited January 21
    GeoffG said:

Can you explain what you mean by update/import files? These are two distinctly different processes.  You should always use OSU or Update Now from within Quicken and never need to import files from WF.

I tried using OSU and the files that would update were only from Jan 01, 2019 to current...I dd not get any transactions  from 07.14.18 to 12.31.18.I
    I downloaded the missing transactions so I could manually import them and they do not show up at all.  
    I tried disabling the OSU as I saw to do that but it really doesn't give me those options as on another troubleshooting question.  
    One time it allowed me to download the transactions through OSU but it created an additional account.  
    Just gave up after honestly spending hours messing around with many options.

• Eva KEva K Member
    edited January 21

It might be easier if you login to your bank and export the transactions into Quicken from there, using the download to quicken option. Do this while your Quicken is open.

I did this like 20 times yesterday and twice today.  The file downloads, I've named it and saved it in different names even all pertaining to 7.14.to 12.31.2018 to see if that would matter... the program says it completed the update but nothing changes.

Works for one account but not the other so I'm beyond aggravated.
  • Robert ArmaniRobert Armani Member ✭✭
    edited January 22

I'm sorry to hear that, but how can it not work?

1. Open Quicken

2. Then go to your bank's website

3. Open the account in question

4. Click on Export (or something similar)

5. Select the Quicken option (not qfx)

6. Click Open

7. Switch to Quicken. If the associated account is already selected, then you can accept the transactions. Otherwise, you have to link it to an existing account.

It works for me all the time.
  • Eva KEva K Member
    edited January 27

Trust me, I tried everything I could which include all the above steps and nothing would be added.

Finally, I called Quicken & the tech had me do everything I had tried.

Steps to bypass issue :

1). I had to disable OSU

2) Go to File & create new account

3) Type Wells Fargo which gives you non- qfx file

It actually only downloads last 90 days of transactions ...

4) Download transactions I needed (specific date range)

5) copies and pasted the transactions from the new account into the ORIGINAL account

6) delete new account & make sure you don’t delete account you want or go back to old backup & try again !!!
This discussion has been closed.