Transactions downloaded from Target RedCard has Payee Name truncated

I use the "One Step Update" feature to download my transactions from many sources.  The transactions I download from "Target RedCard" account have a problem with the payee name.  The Payee Name shown in the quicken accept transaction window removes the first 8 characters on every payee.
Example 1:  PARKWHIZ,INCxxx  becomes ,INCxxx
Example 2:  LLBEAN-DIRECTxxx becomes IRECTxxx

This only happens to the Target Red Card account.
I am guessing that the web download field mapping is not correct.

This started in December 2018 I believe.
I have Quicken Deluxe, 2019, R17.6, 27.1.17.6

Thanks you for investigating.

Comments

• Tanner DogTanner Dog Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm having the same problem when i manually push the transactions from the target red card site - I have to manually enter all of the payee names in quicken.
  • dj30215dj30215 Member
    edited January 2019
    Your information gave me another way to figure out where the problem is.  I downloaded my transactions manually in the form of a .QFX (quicken) file.  I then inspected the .QFX file itself (i'm a computer guy) and the names in the file are wrong.  This is a Target website issue, not quicken.  

Now off to complain to Target . . . . . . 

• Sandi SpiresSandi Spires Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I posted the same problem a while back (click my name to find thread). Definitely happens on both manual download and update. Also have a fixed loss at the beginning of every payee (not a parsing error triggered by a quote or special character as some suggested).

If anyone can figure out how to get a complaint to someone helpful, please share with the rest of us!
  • radiodaveradiodave Member
    edited January 2019
    Same problem here. Only with Target Red Card. Other FI's OK. I called Target they said contact Quicken :(.  I converted from Target-only Red Card to Target use-at-any-merchant Red Card MasterCard about a year ago. I don't remember if problem started then or if it has been that way all along. 
    edited January 2019
    Same problem here. Only with Target Red Card. Other FI's OK. I called Target they said contact Quicken :(.  I converted from Target-only Red Card to Target use-at-any-merchant Red Card MasterCard about a year ago. I don't remember if problem started then or if it has been that way all along. 
  • Sandi SpiresSandi Spires Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    radiodave said:

The problem started at the end of 2018 at the same time they updated the website!

Re, contact Quicken... I worked w/ their tech support guys for an hour to generate clean downloads to demo the problem. We all agree it is Target sending ill-formatted data. That said, surely someone at Quicken would have access & contact info to alert the proper folks at Target Bank! We deserve that much support!
    edited January 2019
    radiodave said:

Here's what Quicken agent tells me:  "You have to keep in mind that Quicken shows you what the bank sends over. So if the information is showing incorrect is because that is how the bank set it up. Quicken is not able to change it...this is not a change that Quicken can do automatically as the bank sends the transactions to us...ask for an agent that knows how Quicken works, when contacting your bank, as normal customer services representatives don't really know much about it."  So I posted the issue to Target Red Card support who may respond in a few days...
    Sandi: I wonder if your purple hair is causing the problem? (just kidding.)
  • AggieJMAggieJM Member
    edited February 2019
    I've been back and forth with Target for a couple of months now.  First when it wouldn't connect after their website change, now on this issue.  The most recent response was a generic "As it turns out, we don't have additional information regarding a resolution for the issues you've identified. We're sorry for any disappointment this causes!"
    Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with someone at Target on this?  I just tried calling in and the operator couldn't understand how transactions were getting downloaded, then disconnected me when she went to "inquire about it".
  • I called Target today and was told that they no longer support Quicken.  According to Target, when they did their security upgrades in September, the software they are using is no longer compatible with Quicken.  I don't know about everyone else, but I think I am going to cancel our Red Card.  It was a nightmare getting the new security login to work when they switched over without telling anyone.  I love how they treated it as the customer's problem and now with this issue, I just don't see the benefit.  It's clear they down't want to work or deal with Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.