How to view ALL of "My Discussions" ?

In this User Community user interface, the Item "My Discussions" shows I am participating in 13 discussions.  However when I click it, I only see 3 of them.  How can I see all of them?

Answers

• Sorry, I am referring to the Community User Interface where I see the "My Discussions" item.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser
    Click on your avatar at the top of the page, I think what you are interested in is on the left under Discussions (questions you started) and Comments (your comments on other questions)
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• break80break80 Member
    edited January 31
    Thanks, but my point is, when I click either one, they do not expose the conversations implied by the number to the right of the word DISCUSSIONS and COMMENTS.  There seems to be a very small limit on the number.  Is there something in my profile that controls this?
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser
    edited February 1
    weird - just clicked on your name, went to your profile,  and see ...
    - Discussions 15
    - Comments 34
    - clicked on those, and all the entries display...
    Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • break80break80 Member
    edited February 1
    I just did the same again, thinking something may have unblocked it.  It says 15 available, but when I click it only 5 show up.  Of the 35 comments, only 15 show up, and in this case a message at the bottom indicating MORE.  When I click that, it goes to the next page and says there are no more to be seen.

Something is corrupting the Community page on my Windows computer.  Basically I am able to view all that fit on the page.  There is NO second page.  Anyone have any idea how to get the next pages?  Or what could be blocking my views? 

Is there a way to reinstall or reset my account without losing my posts or prior comments?

Could this issue be related to the fact that I was previously participating in Community discussions using Getsatisfaction, the prior Community forum provider?
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser
    break80 said:
    I just did the same again, thinking something may have unblocked it.  It says 15 available, but when I click it only 5 show up.  Of the 35 comments, only 15 show up,
    Is it still happening ?
    Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • I think that maybe this Site is still being built and organized. I would wait a few days for the conversion from the GetSatisfaction  Site to be completely converted. I noticed yesterday that the number of my Badges in my Profile is growing in number as the days pass.  Still, this is a learning process for me. (grin)

Now running the 2019 Windows Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • I also just noticed that my Photo appears in the Quicken Help Header and to the left of my posts; but not yet on my Profile Page. Or maybe I am expecting too much. (grin)

Now running the 2019 Windows Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser
    The new Quicken Community was intended to go online mid February.  Don't know what happened, but as we know this migration happened nearly three weeks early.  I don't believe by design. So yes things are a bit in flux, but the moderators are actively working behind the scenes to get things right.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1809
  • Quicken KathrynQuicken Kathryn Administrator
    Hi All,
    Just to follow up on this: I checked it out and the Discussions section actually is showing you the total number of comments and/or discussions you've made in the community.  @break80 it looks like you have posted a total of 15 discussions/comments in the five threads that appear when you click on "My Discussions".

I'll see if this is something we can update or change--

Thanks,
    Quicken Kathryn

Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Sorry, I was off line for a few days...  To answer "ps56K" from his Feb 1 question, YES this is still happening.  

To "Quicken Kathryn", you are quite right.  In the 5 threads under My Discussions, I have posted exactly 15 times, including the original posts.  Good catch.  

The "My Discussions" button seems to expose only those discussions that I initiated, but NOT other discussions where I have commented, right?   Is it possible to know what other discussions I have contributed in?

I was not aware the community board is still rolling out.  Growing pains are not unusual if that is the case.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    From C. D. Bales:

" ... they do not expose the conversations implied by the number to the right of the word DISCUSSIONS and COMMENTS".

I don't think your interpretation is correct.

"It says 15 available, but when I click it only 5 show up".

Which should be explained by your subsequent comment: 

"In the 5 threads under My Discussions, I have posted exactly 15 times, including the original posts"

You had 15 posts in the 5 discussion that you created; seems to me what should be expected.

"The 'My Discussions' button seems to expose only those discussions that I initiated, but NOT other discussions where I have commented, right?"

Correct - as you already noted.

"Is it possible to know what other discussions I have contributed in?"

Yes. Click the "Comments" button, just below the "Discussions" button.

To summarize: 

"Discussions" refers to the discussions you initiated. 

"Comments" refers to the discussion you did not initiate, but to which you contributed one, or more, posts.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Yes, thanks.  Through this whole discussion, I have now come to understand what the DISCUSSSIONS and COMMENTS numbers really mean.  Thanks to all.  While it is not intuitive to me, and probably to a lot of other community users, at least we now know how to find old personal comments and discussions when the need arises.