Using Quicken Connect to download transactions. The various Financial Institutions keep reverting

jimcalgaryjimcalgary Member
edited January 21 in All things Canadian
Using Quicken Mac starter (Canada) 2019, version 5.92, Mac OS 10.14.1 Mojave.  I have gone into the Settings for the various Financial Institution accounts, deactivated downloads, and once again set up the account, linking it with the correct financial institution account number for downloads.  The next time I go to update all online accounts, they have all reveted back to TD Canada Trust.

Comments

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5
    Hi @ imcalgary ,

What is your Connection within Quicken Mac Canadian program to the Banks? Web Connect?

I'm Windows, so don't know all available Connections for Canadian Products.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R20.15 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.4
  • jimcalgaryjimcalgary Member
    edited January 21
    The bank connection is "Quicken Connect", the credit card is "Web Connect".
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9

Hello jimcalgary,

We appreciate your taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community and apologize for any inconvenience or frustration experienced.

If you haven't already, I would recommend deactivating all accounts in Quicken that are connected with the Quicken Connect (https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account) connection method.

Then follow the steps available at https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-add... to refresh the Financial Institution list to ensure you have the most up to date information.

Once the list has been refreshed, please then reactivate the accounts (https://www.quicken.com/support/reactivating-deactivated-account) and let us know if the issue persists and the Financial Institution continues to revert to TD Canada Trust.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • jimcalgaryjimcalgary Member
    edited January 21

Hi Sarah

I followed the above steps.  The next time I initiated an "update all online accounts", the CIBC Web Connect credit card reverts once again to TD Canada Trust
  • I found a solution to the issue. 
    1.) I deactivated downloads in the CIBC account that I was having the issue of it reverting to TD Canada Trust every time I downloaded transactions. 
    2.) I created a new account for CIBC and downloaded the recent transactions. 
    3.) In Quicken, I moved the data (Select all, drag & drop to new account), from the corrupt account to the new account. 
    4.)  I deleted the corrupt account. 
    5.) Transaction downloads work now without the financial institution changing each time. 
This discussion has been closed.