How to keep Home and Business 2017 on computer after converting to Quicken Deluxe

We have been using Home and Business for the last few years. The business side has grown to the point where it no longer works for us, and we are moving it to QuickBooks, and personal stuff to Quicken Deluxe.
The problem is that I need to keep Home and Business on the computer for tax and potential audit purposes even after moving the business to QuickBooks and personal to Quicken Deluxe.
The Quicken Deluxe install wants to uninstall Home and Business.
How can I accomplish this.

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot have two version of Quicken installed on the same PC without setting up dual boots or VM ware. If you are not prepared to do that, your best/easiest solution would be to install Deluxe on a laptop and keep the other PC as business.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • BeckyBecky Member
    Keeping them on two different machines is not an option.
    In 20+ years of working with computers, I've never had a situation where it was impossible to have two versions of a program on the same computer. Generally, they are in folders with different names.
    If this if not possible, we will have to seriously consider moving off of Quicken all together.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The downgrade to Deluxe will deactivate the views and functions of H&B, but will retain all the accounts and transactions. You can still pull historical reports for transactions and categories, but you can't work with the Invoices accounts any longer, creating new invoices or recording payments, etc.
    Before you install Deluxe be sure that you no longer need to enter any business transactions and have pulled all the reports that you need.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Q Deluxe uninstalls H&B, it does NOT remove the H&B data.  Rather, the H&B specific accounts get converted to regular Q accounts.
    SO, you can install and still have access to your historic H&B data.
    AND, GeoffG is correct when he says that you can't have 2 versions of Q installed on the same computer without a VM or Dual boot.  They would use the same Win Registry records, and screw each other up.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • BeckyBecky Member
    We are in the process of cleaning up yearend on the business before we attempt to make the switch.
    So (if I understand correctly), as long as we have all transactions etc cleaned up before we install Deluxe, we won't be losing any data and could still see any data that we might need for an audit.
    Then I could save a copy of the file for historical research, open the file and convert to Deluxe, then go through and delete all the business stuff and cleanup for personal going forward. Then if I needed to, I could open the copy for detailed research on the business.
  • BeckyBecky Member
    Got it, thanks for the help