Recording Reinvestment of Fixed Income Mutual Fund Distributions - Share Balance

I am manually entering the monthly distribution reinvestment from a fixed income mutual fund; however, after my initial account investment (Add - Shares Added), when I enter subsequent distributions (Reinvest - Income Reinvested) the Share Balance does not update.

The Share Balance reverts to the number of shares of my first monthly distribution.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the Reinvest transaction, are you entering the total amount of the distribution and the number of shares purchased?

Is there perhaps a future-dated Placeholder transaction in the account? Go to Edit > Preferences > Investing Transactions and make sure Show hidden transactions is checked.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mkalmus
    mkalmus Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Jim

I am selecting Enter Transactions > Reinvest - Income Reinvested. I select the correct date, the Security Name, enter the number of shares and price paid.  Total cost is calculated.  I confirmed the Show Hidden Transactions checkbox is checked.  

I have attached a screenshot for your reference.  Note how the share balance indicates 10.151 rather than the sum of the previous balance.  

Also, side note. The Edit, Delete, and Attach buttons remain visible. Strange.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess that Quicken thinks the last two transactions are for a different security. Do you have two similarly named securities, perhaps one of them hidden?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mkalmus
    mkalmus Member ✭✭
    That's what I suspect.  I will dig into it.  Thanks, again.
  • mkalmus
    mkalmus Member ✭✭
    Bingo.  That's what it was.