Extend a subscription

GumdocGumdoc Member ✭✭
Can I enter a new activation code to extend a subscription for another year after purchasing another subscription?

Best Answer

• GumdocGumdoc ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I looked closely at the bottom of insert in the boxed copy of Q 2019 Deluxe purchased from Amazon that shows the activation code and indeed in the smallest font it states that activation code expires on 12/31/2020.  I will call the Quicken help line to find out when I can extend my current subscription if I purchase another copy of the program. Thanks for your help.

Answers

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but your current subscription has to have less than 6 months left on it.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• GumdocGumdoc Member ✭✭
    Where did you get that information and is there an expiration of an activation code if, for example, I would purchase another copy of Quicken 2019 from Amazon now and not activate until that 6 month window?
    Gumdoc said:
    Where did you get that information and is there an expiration of an activation code if, for example, I would purchase another copy of Quicken 2019 from Amazon now and not activate until that 6 month window?
    There have been reports from other users as to the 6 month window. 
    The activation codes sold under the "2018" packaging did not have an expiration date, but since the release of the "2019" packaging, there has been a 2 year expiration date printed on the card with the code. 
    I haven't seen one, but it is supposed to be obvious that it has an expiration date.

• GumdocGumdoc Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I looked closely at the bottom of insert in the boxed copy of Q 2019 Deluxe purchased from Amazon that shows the activation code and indeed in the smallest font it states that activation code expires on 12/31/2020.  I will call the Quicken help line to find out when I can extend my current subscription if I purchase another copy of the program. Thanks for your help.
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 1
    Just so I understand, once activated would I get a year (or two) of subscribed service, even beyond the activation code expiration? Or does subscribed service end when the activation code expires?
    Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.1 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro
    Just so I understand, once activated would I get a year (or two) of subscribed service, even beyond the activation code expiration? Or does subscribed service end when the activation code expires?
    Yes

edited June 1
    "Yes" for which one?  To clarify:
    Can I have a subscription's duration last beyond its activation code's expiration date?
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you have to activate the subscription by the expiration date and it will expire 1 year from the activation date.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
    You purchase a subscription of some length, you activate that subscription which either starts that subscription or extends an existing subscription.  When the subscription expires, online banking features of Quicken cease.  You can continue using Quicken in a completely manual entry mode, but no downloading.

The expiration of the activation code is how long you can hold it before using it.  Since the 2019 packaging started, it has a two year life from when it was printed (not purchased), so if you found a good price on Quicken in 2019 packaging, buying several would not help because they would expire before you would need to apply them.

Thanks for clarifying.
This discussion has been closed.