error trying to install quicken 2019

while installing the online version of quicken deluxe I received an error message that old version did not uninstall properly and I needed to manually uninstall Quicken 2016.  Went into control panel and could not see old version to uninstall.  

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser
    Follow the instructions found here QCleanUI - Clean Uninstall  to remove Quicken.  Yes, it tells you to do a Control Panel step, you can skip that step if you have already tried that.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• I tried opening QCleanUI-Clean Uninstall and I get a blank page with the following: Replace this text with the error page you would like to serve to clients if your origin is offline.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser
    I tried opening QCleanUI-Clean Uninstall and I get a blank page with the following: Replace this text with the error page you would like to serve to clients if your origin is offline.
    Try again, it worked for me just now.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• OK, this worked, I was able to install the new software, load my backup and everything looked good.  When I download my financial institution and credit card activity, the credit card does good, but on the bank, Quicken creates duplicate accounts with a "2" on them and then starts downloading activity alway back to the beginning.  I de-activated the bank and on the next download it did the same thing again even with it de-activated.