Mobile Sync

djack43
djack43 Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in Using the Mobile App
Dear Quicken Help, I am able to sync Wells Fargo accounts to Quicken Mobile using a "new" Quicken file (must use wellsfargo.com/fmssetup to obtain 10 minutes of access to setup Wells Fargo accounts), but I cannot sync my Wells Fargo checking account in my "current" Quicken file.

I've deactivated all online services from Wells Fargo and even deleted all Wells Fargo accounts in my current Quicken file, obtained "access" from Wells Fargo for 10 minutes, and tried adding online services back to the problem (checking) account and also created a new account and selected the option for Quicken mobile sync. All results are the same using my current file: Error: CC-580

My current Quicken file includes historical investment data from 1999-2019. I don't see an option to export investment data by account (or overall) and the "Archive Transactions" option returns an error message stating "Because you have no transactions for securities with closed positions (zero share balance), Quicken is unable to archive". A sample of one of my investment accounts is attached.

I'm hoping there is another (semi-automated) option that I can try to sync both my banking and investing accounts to Quicken Mobile. I called support a couple of times to work through this issue, but no luck. Do I need to manually enter 20 years of investment transactions across 9 (current) investing accounts? Thanks in advance for your help, Dan

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello djack43,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community.  I've edited your post to remove the attached files to ensure your privacy remains intact.

If you haven't already, please review the troubleshooting steps available at https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-when-updating-accounts-cc-890-cc-891-or-cc-580 and let us know if you are continuing to receive a CC-580 error when updating accounts with Wells Fargo in your current Quicken file.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • djack43
    djack43 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the link, and for removing my files Sarah. I followed the guidance in the article, but still no luck. I've been trying to solve this Quicken Mobile problem for several months, but cannot get to "root cause". I don't have any issues downloading transactions from my bank into the Quicken desktop app, so this issue seems to be limited to syncing/downloading my transactions from my bank (and/or Quicken desktop data?) to Quicken Mobile. The problem seems to be the connection between Quicken Mobile and my bank. If I can sync the problem account in a new file, but not in the current file, then looking to see what the differences are between the 2 files. Or put another way, how can the current file be "cleaned" to remove the data that is preventing the script to complete.

If this is not possible, then looking to import/transfer/copy my investment accounts and transactions from 1999-2019 into a new file. Is there anyway to accomplish this task, other than manually entering all the transactions individually? Thanks again for your support, Dan
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi Dan,

Thank you for that additional information and I apologize that the article I provided was of no help in resolving this issue.

Since you are able to successfully sync the accounts in a new file, that indicates to me that there may be an internal error causing conflict in the already synced data.

If you haven't already I would recommend deleting the cloud account connected with your current data file.  It will, unfortunately, require the mobile sync to need to be set-up again, I apologize.

If you've already attempted to delete the cloud account, please let me know and do not worry about deleting it again.

If you haven't yet, this can be done by creating a new data file (File > New Quicken File), select "don't use mobile" when prompted and when the Add Account window opens, please just close it with Cancel or "x" in the top right corner.  (If you already have a test file, that's fine, please open the test file instead of creating another data file) 

Once we're in the new file, please then go to the Edit menu > Preferences and select "Cloud Accounts" from the bottom left side of the window.  On the right side of the window, select "Cloud Accounts associated with this Quicken ID" and delete the Cloud Account associated with your current data file.

After the cloud account has been deleted, please return to your original data file (the test file can be deleted if you wish) and in the original file, once again go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID Mobile & Web and this time select "Reset Cloud Data"

Depending on the amount of data that is currently synced, this process might take a few minutes but once completed, please then close and re-open Quicken.

With Quicken open, go to the Mobile & Web tab and "Get Started" to setup the mobile sync. Please let me know how it goes and if the CC-580 occurs, a different error happens or if we are now able to successfully sync the Wells Fargo accounts.

Thanks!

Sarah
  • djack43
    djack43 Member ✭✭
    The CC-580 error occurred again Sarah. I really though you had it, since I had never created a test account to delete the cloud account associated with my current file. I also made sure to log out of my phone's mobile app before I reopened Quicken/current file (I had already been automatically logged out). But great idea! Any other tricks you can think of? Thanks, Dan
  • djack43
    djack43 Member ✭✭
    You are my hero Sarah! Thank you so much for your expertise! This is big for me to have full/complete access to my Quicken info on both my desktop AND my mobile device. I can't express my gratitude enough, for your support/patience as we worked through this issue. Tell your manager I think you deserve a BIG raise ;-) Warmly, Dan
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi Dan,

YAY!!!! I'm glad to hear that did the trick and appreciate the update :)

One last thing I wanted to mention about Wells Fargo and the Mobile App is, Wells Fargo has very strict security protocols and have set their systems to refresh every 4 hours, during which any saved login information is removed from the system, such as the FMS Setup Authorization.

What that means for us (I use Wells Fargo for my accounts too) is after 4 hours the authorization for Mobile is removed and has to be re-entered to update the accounts through the Mobile/Web apps.

If you only download/update your accounts through the desktop product, just close the sign-in prompt on the App when it comes up, the accounts will still update with the latest synced information from the desktop software. They just won't connect to Wells Fargo to update accounts/transactions in the App.

If you do update accounts from the App, I apologize but the login credentials will need to be entered each time you receive the prompt.

I am happy to confirm that we are working with Wells Fargo and our Service Providers on a resolution for the login credential time-out issue, however the work is still in the early stages so I don't have an ETA on when it will be completed and available, I'm sorry.

Thanks again and if there's every anything else the Community can assist with, please do not hesitate to let us know!

Sarah

• djack43
    djack43 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the update on Wells Fargo mobile authorizations Sarah. It sounds the least hassle will be to just close the Wells Fargo sign-in prompt on the Quicken mobile app when it comes up. And thanks again for all your support!
  • kamran
    kamran Member ✭✭
    i tried to follow and the process does not work for me.
    1) create new file- quickentest
    2) delete mobile/web account associated with quickentest (not there so not allowed) and also real data file
    3) reset cloud account does not show up after going to real data file
    4) use the option in that window to get started for web/mobile
    5) selected one (of many) wellsfargo accounts
    6) same error 580.  unable to connect.

I am a wellsfargo customer with several accounts,  neither one syncs to mobile/web.

very frustrating
  • djack43
    djack43 Member ✭✭
    It looks like the key post above from Sarah was deleted. The account you need to choose is below:

Wells Fargo wellsfargononqfx.scr

This is the very last result...scroll all the way to the bottom of the list after entering "wells fargo" for the name of the financial institution.
  • kamran
    kamran Member ✭✭
    does that mean i have to re setup all the wf accounts which are working fine on the desktop app?  do i lose all the history?  
    i will try on a test setup to see.  not an expert on Quicken.
    thanks,
    k.
  • djack43
    djack43 Member ✭✭
    You won't lose any history Kamran. Just link your existing desktop accounts to the accounts found at "Wells Fargo wellsfargononqfx.scr".
  • kamran
    kamran Member ✭✭
    ok.  i tried the  .scr method for one of the accounts and it worked, i.e, desk top looks ok and web/mobile looks ok .  now when i try to add or modify another WF account, quicken is saying "there is an existing connection that should be used...." but the other accounts in the list do not let me change to this method.  i will work on it some more when i get a chance ....
    this should be easier!
  • djack43
    djack43 Member ✭✭
    Suggest you deactivate all wells fargo online accounts, then setup all wells fargo online accounts, using the "Wells Fargo wellsfargononqfx.scr" option.
This discussion has been closed.