Q2019 "Bills & Income Reminders"

DEMillerDEMiller Member
edited February 7 in Paying Bills (Windows)
Items are not showing in "Billings and Income Reminders" window below the Account Transactions List for each account.   They did in Q2016 Home & Business, but not in Q2019.

Also, when opening Tools -> Manage Billing & Income Reminders, it always opens in a FULL SCREEN.   Even after adjusting the size of the window, it continues to open in FULL SCREEN.   This is very annoying.  

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    A work around appears to be to toggle Combine Bills, Income & Transfer.

If the issue persists, an alternate work around is to perform a Validate and Repair.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • I don't know where to toggle Combine Bills, Income & Transfer.   However, I did do a Validate and Repair last week with a Quicken Support person.
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @Sherlock provided the preferences screen available from Edit>Preferences.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1809
  • Thanks for guiding me to the Combine Bills, Income & Transfer area.   I checked the box and then restarted Quicken.  Still the same problem.   Then I went back in and un-checked the box and restarted Quicken again.   So far, still the same problem.
    Have you tried the Validate and Repair (select File > File Operations > Validate and Repair...)?
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • Done...…  Just did it.    No errors reported.
    But, do the appropriate now bills appear in the Bill and Income Reminders tab below the account registers?
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • Nope.....   They do appear in the TOOLS->Billing & Income Reminders, but they still are NOT individually listed in the Billing & Income Reminders TAB below the account registers.
    Does the tab's title indicate that a reminder is due?
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
    Are reminders set to show in the register?
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • Yes, the Billing & Income Reminders TAB indicates the numbers of items due in parentheses ………..  "Bill and Income Reminders (2 Due)"
  • Where do you set reminders to show in the register?
    DEMiller said:
    Where do you set reminders to show in the register?
    Open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + N and select Reminders to show in register.   Perhaps toggling the value between something and Don't show reminders my reset the Bill and Income Reminders tab.  
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    The "Reminders to Show in Register" - would have been my first check...
    Can also get there via the Register view - click on "gear" in upper corner,
    scroll down to the Reminders entry - and then select the timeframe you want...
    I'll have to recall how to use Windows Snipping Tool BUT with pop-ups to get a screen shot.

Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • I toggled back & forth several time between Don't show reminders and several other options, but I still get no change.

DEMiller said:
    I toggled back & forth several time between Don't show reminders and several other options, but I still get no change.

Do the missing Due reminders appear in the register when you set them to show in the register?
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • No.   I was looking for that, too.   But I do NOT see those showing in the register.
  • However, maybe I misunderstood your question.   Now I see "unpaid" transactions appearing in the REGISTER depending on the setting I use.   But the area below the register still stays the same.
    edited February 7
    I suggest you save a backup (press Ctrl + B), then delete the two reminders and recreate them from the Bill and Income Reminders window (press Ctrl + J).  
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • Perhaps I should have mentioned this earlier, but I was using Q Home & Business before updating to Q2019.   
    I experience the missing reminders in the tab on occasion, but the toggle of the Combine Bills, Income & Transfer preferences works for me.  Others posted that Validate and Repair works around the issue for them.  What I suspect may be happening is that there is some state in some of our old reminders causing Quicken to misbehave. 
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • I think you are correct.   However, I did deleted one of the due payments and then set it up again.   But still NOT seeing that reminder in the right place.   I must admit, however, when I recreated that payment reminder, Quicken recognized the payee, and I just continued to accept the default information, and changed the  # of days to be reminded.   NOTHING changed.   I would try reinstalling Q2019, if I was sure I would not lose my data.   But, if the gremlin is in the data, that wouldn't help.
  • At this point, I am thinking the file structure of Home & Business was so different that the conversion of the data didn't work correctly.
    Reinstalling doesn't impact the data files but I don't think it would help.  I know there's a new patch out (or about to be out) but I don't think it addresses the issue.

After you delete a reminder, you might try performing a File > File Operations > Copy... and add the reminder in the new data file.  Copy... is supposed to reclaim the unused space in the new data file so perhaps when you recreate the reminder the entry will be fresh.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
    DEMiller said:
    At this point, I am thinking the file structure of Home & Business was so different that the conversion of the data didn't work correctly.
    The data structure doesn't change between the Quicken editions and, supposedly, the data structure used by Quicken 2019 is compatible back to Quicken 2016.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • Okay.   I will try that tomorrow.   I am out-of-gas for today.   I really appreciate your help on this issue.   I would hate to think that I will have to delete and re-do all my reminders.   I must have nearly 100.
    Again, thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.