Budget Categories show '0'

Everything looks fine in the latest update (Feb 3, 2019) in Quicken Windows, but Quicken on the WEB does not show any values for Budget amounts INCOME NOR EXPENSES

Best Answer

Answers

• James Nail
    James Nail Member ✭✭
    Does anyone else experience this?
  • Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    Yes. There have been several threads about this issue the past two months. Quicken Support seems unable to resolve it, or to give a date for a resolution. Most people see the individual budget transactions on the Web, but the budget category totals are all zero.

Support will advise you to delete and re-initialize your Web data, but this does not work for most of us (I've done it half a dozen times to no effect).
  • Just upgraded to subscription version and experiencing the same issue.  No budget items displaying.
  • Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if Quicken support acknowledged this as a defect they are aware of and working on. Unfortunately to date they have not done this, hard to say why, since community members have spent time on the phone with them regarding this issue.

Frustrating. Other than this issue, I find the Web app really excellent, and in fact I use it on my iPad instead of using the iPad app.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you looking at the correct budget table by name? You could have more than one table (Budget 1, Budget 2, ...)
    Are you looking at the correct budget year?

Have you tried the following:

Validate

Validate your Quicken data file. It may have become damaged over time or if you ever had crashes, hang-ups or loops while running Quicken. Repeated crashes may eventually render a data file "broken beyond repair".

Please run this exact procedure, skipping no steps:

- Make a copy of your data file: Click File / File Operations / Copy.  Do not change any Copy Option settings. Save file under a new name in same folder as current Quicken data file.  (The Copy process appears to be performing a record-by-record copy of the data file and not just a simple binary image copy. This has been reported as recovering some otherwise not repairable files)
    - If Quicken reports an error creating the Copy file and you are using Q 2019 repeat the Copy process, but press and hold SHIFT and CTRL as you click File / File Operations / Copy. When prompted "Ignore errors that prevent file copy?" click "Yes".  Note: This may cause some data loss.
    - Open the copied file in Quicken.

- Click File / File Operations / Validate and Repair. Click "Validate File" and "Rebuild investing lots", check to make sure the copied file is being validated. If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Delete investing price history".  Click OK. Let it run.

- Fix any errors logged as not repaired by Quicken.

- Click File / File Operations. Press and hold SHIFT+CTRL as you click Validate and Repair. The next popup should show "Supervalidate" somewhere in header or text. Click "Supervalidate File", check to make sure the copied file is being validated, click OK. Let it run. It might run for a while.
    - Again fix any errors logged as not repaired by Quicken.

- Now close and restart Quicken using this new file and try your failing action again. If it works, keep using the new file and abandon the old one.

• Dave Ings
    Dave Ings Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for taking the time to make these suggestions, but unfortunately they made no difference. However the "super validate" was a good tip - I was unaware of this.

So I bit the bullet and completely deleted my budget (which in fact contained multiple years) and rebuilt it from scratch, but only for the current year 2019, then reset and re-synced everything to the cloud. It made no difference. All the budget data and transactions are visible in the Web app, they are just not added up (hence the "0" in the subject).

I'd call Quicken Support myself except (1) others with this issue have done so with no results (2) Support is reportedly unable to open and track a defect with Development. (Which is a very odd way to run a software support organization, something I have done during my tech career.)

Maybe with some luck this defect will automagically be fixed later this year.
  • James Nail
    James Nail Member ✭✭
    QUICKEN SUPPORT - is there ANY update to this issue please? It is very frustrating and makes the whole point of multi-device/user experience impossible to get budget knowledge communicated effectively.
This discussion has been closed.