Is it possible to buy an older version of Quicken to run on Yosemite 10.10

I used to use Quicken for Windows but haven't for many years after switching to a Mac desktop.  I'm thinking of running quicken again on my Mac but I won't upgrade from Yosemite 10.10 because of the bad compatibility chain reaction that it would cause with my other programs.  Is there anyplace I can get older versions of Quicken that will run on my current os? I don't need to pay bills just download bank and credit card transactions and track investments. Thanks.

Answers

• 2017 is the only version that will still run under MacOS 10.10 and still supports connectivity for downloading your transactions. Support is scheduled to cease ~April 2020.

You will have to source this older version from a third party. (I am not in a position to endorse/advertise such a source.) 
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser
    I do not vouch for this one but here is a retailer with a physical address & tel #. 

Do your own due diligence.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser
    And just to reiterate/clarify: if you successfully buy and install Quicken 2017, the online functionality (downloading your banking and credit card transactions) will only work for a year (through April 2020). At that point, Quicken will work for manual transactions, but won't download anything. If you anticipate being able to upgrade from Yosemite to a newer macOS by that time, then the purchase of Quicken 2017 now might make sense; if you anticipate you will need to stay on Yosemite past April 2020, then getting started with Quicken 2017 now might not be worth your effort.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993